|Genres||Post-rock, math rock, instrumental rock, alternative rock, jazz fusion, indie rock|
|Labels||Catune, Machu Picchu|
|Associated acts||Pele, The Hiatus|
Toe is composed of Kashikura Takashi on drums, Mino Takaaki on guitar, Yamane Satoshi on bass guitar, and Yamazaki Hirokazu on guitar. Toe has formally played with this line-up since the band’s inception in 2000. They are currently one of four bands on the indie label Machu Picchu, along with the bands mouse on the keys, Enemies and Tangled Hair. This is a label formed by the members of Toe.
The vast majority of the music is instrumental in nature and is also known for its melodic, clean guitar settings. Additionally, the compositions have repetition from typical rock motifs, but use very subtle changes in beat and rhythm to form a unique sound. The band has changed their sound over their musical tenure by incorporating acoustic guitars, rhodes piano, and vibraphones in their most recent releases.
- Pele / toe (Dis(ign) Muzyq [JP], 2002 & Polyvinyl Records [US] 2004) split EP
- Songs, Ideas We Forgot (Catune, 2003; Machu Picchu, 2012)
- Re:designed (Catune, 2003) [remix album]
- The Book About My Idle Plot on a Vague Anxiety (Catune, 2005; Machu Picchu, 2012; White Noise Records HK, 2012)
- New Sentimentality EP (Machu Picchu, 2006)
- New Sentimentality "Tour Edition" (White Noise Records HK, 2008) Enhanced CDEP Limited to 1000
- For Long Tomorrow (White Noise Records HK, 2009)
- Toe/Collection of Colonies of Bees (Contrarede, 2009) EP
- The Future Is Now EP (Machu Picchu, 2012; White Noise Records HK, 2012; Topshelf Records 2012)
- RGBDVD (DVD, 2005)
- CUT_DVD (DVD, 2010)