Tofurkey (a portmanteau of tofu and turkey) is faux turkey, a meat substitute in the form of a loaf or casserole of vegetarian protein, usually made from tofu (soybean protein) or seitan (wheat protein) with a stuffing made from grain(s) and/or bread, flavored with a broth and seasoned with herbs and spices. Tofurkey is oven-roasted or baked and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans. It can be homemade or purchased ready-made and frozen from multiple sources such as health food stores or specialty grocers, or ordered online and shipped in insulated packing.
UnTurkey, produced until 2006 by the now defunct Now & Zen, was one of the first ready-made tofurkey products available in the U.S.
Currently available brands of ready-made tofurkey include Tofurky produced by Turtle Island Foods in Hood River, Oregon, the Celebration Roast produced by the Field Roast Grain Meat Co. of Seattle, Washington, and the Stuffed Holiday Roast made by Match Foods (previously called AuraPro) of St. Louis, Missouri.
- List of meat substitutes
- Meat analogue
- Nut roast, an often homemade, nut-based, roasted main dish
- Stuffed peppers, a dish of stuffed vegetables
- Tofurky, the brand name of a type of mock turkey
- Veggie burger
- Unturkey.org hosts and archives the original Now and Zen cookbook UnTurkey recipe
- Field Roast Grain Meat Co. website
- Match Foods, Inc. website
- Turtle Foods Tofurky website