Coordinates: 35°37′47″N 139°52′58″E / 35.62972°N 139.88278°E
The map of Tokyo Disney Resort
Tokyo Disney Resort (東京ディズニーリゾート Tōkyō Dizunī Rizōto) is a theme park and vacation resort located in Urayasu, Chiba, Japan, just east of Tokyo. It is owned and operated by the Oriental Land Company with a license from The Walt Disney Company. The resort opened on April 15, 1983, as a single theme park (Tokyo Disneyland), but developed into a resort with two theme parks, three Disney hotels, six non-Disney hotels, and a shopping complex. Tokyo Disneyland was the first Disney theme park opened outside the United States.
Tokyo Disney Resort has three main entertainment sections: Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo DisneySea and Ikspiari, which is a variation of the Downtown Disney shopping, dining and entertainment area found at the Disney resorts in California and Florida. It also contains Bon Voyage!, which is the official Disney goods specialty shop of Tokyo Disney Resort.
Like the other Disney resorts, the Tokyo Disney Resort has 3 Disney-branded hotels; the Disney Ambassador Hotel, the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta (the building in which the entrance to Tokyo DisneySea is located), and the recently opened Tokyo Disneyland Hotel.
There are six other hotels located on the Tokyo Disney Resort property. These, however, are not Disney-branded hotels and are owned by other companies, similar to the Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels at Walt Disney World.
All facilities are linked by Disney Resort Line monorail.
The Tokyo Disney Resort is headed by Toshio Kagami, who is the secretary general (CEO) of the Oriental Land Company.
- Disney's Ambassador Hotel - The first official Disney hotel to open in Tokyo in 2000. Featuring art deco theming.
- Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta - Opened in conjunction with Tokyo DisneySea Park, with several guest rooms overlooking the park itself. The exterior of the hotel provides much of the theming for the Mediterrean Harbor area of Tokyo DisneySea.
- Tokyo Disneyland Hotel - The newest Disney hotel opened July 8, 2008, as part of Tokyo Disney Resort's 25th anniversary celebrations. Like the Disneyland hotels in Paris and Hong Kong, the hotel is Victorian themed and is located adjacent to the entrance of Tokyo Disneyland Park.
- Sunroute Plaza Tokyo
- Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel
- Tokyo Bay Maihama Hotel Club Resort
- Hilton Tokyo Bay
- Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay
- Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel