Tokyo Symphony Orchestra
|Tokyo Symphony Orchestra (TSO)
Muza Kawasaki Symphony Hall
The headquarters of TSO
|Location||Kawasaki, Kanagawa, Japan|
Based in Kawasaki, the TSO performs in numerous concert halls and serves as the pit ensemble for some productions at New National Theatre, Tokyo, the city's leading opera house. It offers subscription concert series at its home the Muza Kawasaki Symphony Hall and at Suntory Hall, Tokyo Metropolitan Art Space, and Tokyo Opera City (all in Tokyo).
Permanent Conductors and Music Directors
- Jonathan Nott (September, 2014 – )
- Hubert Soudant (2004 – August, 2014)
- Kazuyoshi Akiyama (1964 – 2004)
- Masashi Ueda (1945 – 1964)
- Hidemaro Konoe
- The Tokyo Symphony Orchestra (東響, Tōkyō) is not to be confused with the Tokyo Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra (都響, Tokyō).
|This article about a Japanese band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|