Arslan with Hamburg in 2009.
|Full name||Tolgay Ali Arslan|
|Date of birth||16 August 1990|
|Place of birth||Paderborn, West Germany|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2010–2011||→ Alemannia Aachen (loan)||31||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 03 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Arslan was born in Paderborn to Turkish parents from Çorum; his father, a real estate agent, moved to Germany when he was 11 years old. He began playing football at the age of six, when his father brought him along to watch Grün-Weiß Paderborn play. Arslan began his career with the local club. Patterning his game around Zinedine Zidane and Gheorghe Hagi, Arslan earned a move to Borussia Dortmund in 2003. After several years in Dortmund's youth team, Arslan moved to Hamburger SV.
Arslan moved to Hamburger SV on a free transfer in 2009. He made his debut on 23 September 2009, coming in the 70th minute as a substitute for Marcus Berg in the second round of the DFB-Pokal against Osnabrück. Hamburg managed a 3–3 draw, but went on to lose 5–7 following a penalty shootout. Arslan made his league debut on 17 October 2009 in a 0–0 draw against Bayer Leverkusen.
On friendly pre-season game 24 July 2012 he scored in a 1–2 loss against FC Barcelona.
On 27 January 2015, Arslan signed a four-and-a-half-year deal with Süper Lig club Beşiktaş. He came on as a substitute for José Sosa on 26 February in the 60th minute of a UEFA Europa League last 32 second leg against Liverpool, and 15 minutes later scored the only goal of the game, taking it to a penalty shootout in which he scored Beşiktaş' last attempt before Dejan Lovren missed to eliminate Liverpool.
Arslan began his career with the Turkey youth teams in 2009. He made two appearances for the U-19 team in 2009. He made his first appearance for the Turkey national under-21 football team against the Republic of Ireland on 7 September 2010.
- As of 03 May 2015
|Alemannia Aachen (loan)||2010–11||31||6||4||0||0||0||0||0||35||6|
- Özten, Nihat (1 July 2010). "10 numaranın genç adayı: Tolgay Ali Arslan" (in Turkish). tff.org. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "HSV scheitert beim Pokal-Drama in Osnabrück" (in German). kicker.de. 23 September 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- "Torun scheitert an Castro, Kießling an Rost" (in German). kicker.de. 17 October 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- Franzke, Julian; Holger Richter (23 September 2010). "kicker Heft Nr.77". kicker Sportmagazin (in German) (Nuremberg: Olympia Verlag).
- Whalley, Mike (26 February 2015). "Besiktas 1-0 Liverpool". BBC Sport. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "TOLGAY ALİ ARSLAN" (in Turkish). tff.org. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "TÜRKİYE 1–0 İRLANDA" (in Turkish). tff.org. Retrieved 15 October 2010.
- "Kampf um die Talente: Jetzt wird zurückgeklaut!" (in German). Bild.de. 5 December 2010. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- "U21: Adrion beruft Neulinge Rüdiger und Arslan" (in German). Focus.de. 9 November 2012. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Tolgay Arslan at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Tolgay Arslan – UEFA competition record
- ESPN FC profile
- kicker profile