|Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport
|IATA: OVB – ICAO: UNNT
|Operator||Open Joint Stock Company|
|Elevation AMSL||365 ft / 111 m|
|Number of Passengers||3,748,211|
Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport (Russian: Аэропóрт Толмачёво) (IATA: OVB, ICAO: UNNT) is situated in the town of Ob, 16 km from center of Novosibirsk, an industrial and scientific center in Siberia and Russia's third largest city.
There are two (3,600 m (11,811 ft) and 3,605 m) active runways in Tolmachevo Airport, along with 2 passenger terminals for domestic flights (Terminal A - 25,000 sq.m., 18 check-in desks, 2 jet bridges, capacity 1,800 PAX/hour) and international flights (Terminal B - 11,000 sq.m., 6 check-in desks, 1 jet bridge, capacity 750 PAX/hour), 2 cargo terminals and 61 aircraft stands. Runway 16 is equipped with an ILS CAT II, which enables aircraft operations in low ceiling (30 meters) and visibility (350 meters).
The airport is situated in the middle of the route from some important East-Asian cities (e.g. Seoul, Shanghai, Hong Kong, etc.) to Europe which makes it attractive for cargo airlines to use it for refueling stops. It serves also as a diversion airport on Polar route 1.
Tolmachevo is the busiest airport in Siberia and the sixth busiest airport in Russia. In 2013 the airport served 3,748,211 passengers (+14.7%) and handled 29,947 tons of cargo (+6.9%). Detailed data for years 2003-2013 is in the Traffic Statistics section below.
Operations began on July 12, 1957 with the first passenger flight of Tupolev Tu-104 from Novosibirsk to Moscow. The airport was owned by United Tolmachevo Aviation Enterprise and Ministry of Civil Aviation of the USSR until 1992. The airport then became a joint stock company in 1995, with 51% owned by the state. The domestic terminal was completely renovated in 2006. Tolmachevo Airport is also the first Russian airport to receive ISO 9002-96 certificate. On November 29, 2012, first time in history the airport received its three-millionth annual passenger.
The airport is located approximately 1 km away from the Tolmachevo railway station at the Trans-Siberian Railway - a stop for only Elektrichka local commuter trains but not for any long-distance trains. Public transportation to the city is provided by a number of bus routes, as well as by private and municipal taxis.
In December 2011 the airport announced plans for its further development including construction of a new rapid-exit taxiway, 4 stands for wide-body aircraft and a passenger terminal (17.450 sq.m) which will effectively merge the two existing terminals into a larger joint terminal and allow to double its passenger capacity by the end of 2015. The terminal extension is currently under construction in the area between the domestic and international terminals.
Airlines and destinations
|Year||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
|2012||2,015,767||13.7%||1 250 978||25.9%||3,266,745||18.1%|
(*)Preliminary Data. Source: Tolmachevo press centre
- Novosibirsk Elitsovka Airport
- Novosibirsk Severny Airport
- List of the busiest airports in Russia
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of the busiest airports in Europe
- "NOVOSIBIRSK International Airport operating results in 2013". Tolmachevo airport. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- Airport information for UNNT at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for OVB at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective Oct. 2006).
- ROUTE PROPOSAL FOR OPENING DIRECT SCHEDULED NOVOSIBIRSK - MILAN FLIGHTS
- Tolmachevo Airport - General Information
- Boeing-conducted Airport safety and operational assessments
- New Cross-Polar Routes
- European Airport Traffic Trends
- Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport grows 22% in 2011; Turkish Airlines instantly biggest foreign airline
- Novosibirsk International Airport celebrating three millionth passenger
- "Reconstruction". Tolmachevo airport. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 01 December 2013.
- "Авиакомпания "Эйр Бишкек" начала летать из Бишкека в Новосибирск". Central Asia Aero News. 7 June 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "air schedule". Mouzenidis Travel. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Flight Timetable". Novosibirsk International Airport. Retrieved 06 March 2014.
- "TEZ-TOUR Международный туроператор". TEZ tour. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Coral Travel - туроператор по Египту, Турции etc". Coral Travel. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Расписание через город". IrAero. Retrieved 06 March 2014.
- "наличие мест на рейсах". Pegas Touristic. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Расписание — Авиакомпания ORENAIR:". Orenair. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 11 February 2014.
- "S7 airlines". S7 Airlines. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Библио Глобус". Biblio Globus. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "Natali Tours". Natali Tours. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "Поиск тура - Туроператор Sunmar". Sunmar. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "Novosibirsk Airport: International traffic doubles in just two years". Anna Aero. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "European Airport Traffic Trends". Anna Aero. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Passenger traffic grew by 16.2% in November". Tolmachevo. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- "ПЕРСПЕКТИВНЫЕ ВОЗДУШНЫЕ ЛИНИИ ДЛЯ РАЗВИТИЯ АВИАСООБЩЕНИЯ ИЗ АЭРОПОРТА НОВОСИБИРСК (ТОЛМАЧЕВО) в 2013–2015 гг.". Tolmachevo Airport. 2013-04-01. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Tolmachevo Airport Official website (English) (Russian)
- Accident history for OVB at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for UNNT at NOAA/NWS
- Historical Weather Records for Novosibirsk