General view of Tolosa
|Autonomous community||País Vasco|
|• Alcalde||Ibai Iriarte (Bildu)|
|• Total||37.39 km2 (14.44 sq mi)|
|Elevation||75 m (246 ft)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Official language(s)||Spanish, Basque|
Tolosa (Spanish pronunciation: [toˈlosa]) is a town and municipality to the south of Donostia-San Sebastián in the Basque province of Gipuzkoa, Spain. It is located in the valley of the river Oria and is overlooked by Uzturre, a local iconic mountain topped by a white cross.
Famous people from Tolosa
- Xabi Alonso, footballer
- Mikel Alonso, footballer
- Periko Alonso, footballer
- Ainhoa Arteta, soprano
- Edurne Pasaban, mountaineer
- Juan de Tolosa, founder of Zacatecas, Mexico
- Pablo Alonso, basketball coach
- Juan Manuel Lillo, football coach
- (Basque) (Spanish) Official website of the Municipality of Tolosa.
- (Spanish) "Tolosa" in the Auñamendi Basque Encyclopedia.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tolosa.|
|This article about a location in the Basque Country, Spain, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|