|Full name||Tomáš Kalas|
|Date of birth||15 May 1993|
|Place of birth||Olomouc, Czech Republic|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2011–2013||→ Vitesse (loan)||58||(1)|
|2009–2010||Czech Republic U17||12||(1)|
|2010||Czech Republic U18||5||(0)|
|2011||Czech Republic U19||8||(1)|
|2011–||Czech Republic U21||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 April 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
On 7 July 2010, he signed for English Premier League champions Chelsea for a reported figure of around £5.2 million, although it was agreed that he would stay at Sigma Olomouc for the 2010–11 season. Kalas arrived at Chelsea for the second half of the 2010–11 season and the defender made his Chelsea reserve team debut in a 2–2 away draw to Aston Villa on 21 February. To date Kalas has made 3 appearances for Chelsea, in wins against the Singha All Stars, the Malaysian XI, and the Indonesian XI. All three games were in Chelsea's 2013 pre-season Asia tour. In July 2013 he fractured his fibula which will cause him to be unavailable for 1 month. He made his debut 29th October 2013 after substition for Juan Mata against Arsenal in Capital One Cup (win 2:0).
Loan to Vitesse
On 22 August 2011 Kalas joined Dutch football club Vitesse on loan for the 2011–12 season. He was given the number 2 jersey. He made his debut for Vitesse on 17 September 2011 against Roda JC Kerkrade which ended in a 5–0 win for Vitesse.
In March 2012, Kalas admitted that he did not yet know where he will be playing next season, but is happy on loan at Vitesse. "Ideally I'll stay another year at this club," he told. "Simply put, there are three options. I'll stay here, go back to Chelsea or they will loan me to another club abroad. In late March I will talk with my managers about next season and know more."
On 11 July 2012, Kalas rejoined Vitesse on a new loan deal until the end of the 2012–13 season. He also extended his contract with Chelsea until the summer of 2017. Kalas scored his first Eredivisie goal for Vitesse in a 3–0 defeat of FC Groningen on 16 September 2012. On 10 July 2013 Jose Mourinho confirmed Kalas would stay and fight for his place at Chelsea for the coming season.
Czech Republic U17
He made his debut for the U-17 on 5 September 2009 coming on as a 61st minute substitute in a European Under-17 Championship Qualifying match against Belarus which the Czechs won 1–0. He went on to be picked for the final tournament. He played 65 minutes of his 9th appearance, against Greece before he got sent off.
- "Barclays Premier League Squad Numbers 2013/14". Premier League. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
- "Thomas Kalas". Soccerway. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Chelsea sign teenage Czech defender Tomas Kalas". BBC Sport. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Reserve Report: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2". Retrieved 3 March 2011.
- "Presentatie nieuwe nummer 2: Tomáš Kalas". Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- "Chelsea FC loan roundup".
- "Kalas unsure over future".
- "VITESSE LOANS FOR YOUNG PAIR". Chelseafc.com. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "FC Groningen 0 - 3 Vitesse Arnhem". ESPNFC. 16 September 2012.
- "Tomas Kalas gets sent off". UEFA.com. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- Tomáš Kalas international stats at the Football Association of the Czech Republic website (Czech)
- Profile at idnes.cz (in Czech)
- Profile at IMScouting
- Profile at UEFA.com
- Profile at Transfer Markt