Slagter at the 2013 Tour de l'Ain
|Full name||Tom-Jelte Slagter|
1 July 1989 |
Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
|Height||1.67 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||57 kg (126 lb)|
|2010||Rabobank Continental Team|
|Infobox last updated on
15 March 2014
Tom-Jelte Slagter (born 1 July 1989) is a Dutch professional road racing cyclist who rides for UCI ProTeam Garmin-Sharp. Born in Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands, Slagter resides in Leeuwarden, Flevoland, Netherlands.
While riding for Blanco Pro Cycling in 2013, Slagter won the Tour Down Under, his greatest career achievement. Slagter won the third stage after attacking on the finial climb, cresting it alone. He was joined by three riders on the descent, and with the peloton on their heels, Slagter out-sprinted the group. He gained the orange jersey on the fifth stage, finishing atop Old Willunga Hill in second position, behind Australian Simon Gerrans (Orica-GreenEDGE), the defending champion. On the finial stage, Slagter successfully defended his lead, with Spaniard Javier Moreno (Movistar Team) earning second place, seventeen seconds in arrears.
- 1st, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 1st, Stage 2, Circuit des Ardennes
- 4th, Overall, Tour de l'Avenir
- 7th, Liège–Bastogne–Liège Espoirs
- 8th, Vlaamse Pijl
- 5th, Grand Prix Cycliste de Québec
- 6th, Overall, Tour of Oman
- 1st, Overall, Tour Down Under
- 1st, Young rider classification
- 1st, Stage 3
- 1st, Mountains classification, Tour of Alberta
- 7th, Grand Prix Cycliste de Québec
- 9th, Overall, Tour de l'Ain
- 1st, Stages 4 & 7
- 2nd, GP Miguel Indurain
- 5th, La Flèche Wallonne
- 6th, Liège–Bastogne–Liège
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
- Beaudin, Matthew (24 September 2013). "Garmin set for dramatic overhaul in 2014". VeloNews (Competitor Group, Inc.). Retrieved 6 November 2013. "New additions for next year include Nathan Brown (Bontrager), Phil Gaimon (Bissell), Ben King (RadioShack-Leopard), Sebastian Langeveld (Orica-GreenEdge), Dylan Van Baarle (Rabobank Continental), Tom-Jelte Slagter (Belkin), Lasse Norman Hanson [sic] (Blue Water Cycling), and Andre Fernando Cardoso [sic] (Caja Rural-Seguros RGA)."
- "Tom-Jelte Slagter at Garmin-Sharp". Garmin-Sharp (Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC). 28 December 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Former Rabobank (RAB) – NED". UCI World Tour (Aigle, Vaud: Union Cycliste Internationale). Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Alex Malone (24 January 2013). "Slagter takes tough victory into Stirling". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- Alex Malone (26 January 2013). "Gerrans victorious on Australia Day at Old Willunga". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Flying Dutchman Slagter wins Tour Down Under". The Northern Star (Sydney, New South Wales: APN News & Media). 28 January 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
- "Garmin signs Dutch rider and Tour Down Under champ Slagter". VeloNews (San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc.). 8 August 2013. Retrieved 8 August 2013.
- Andrew Hood (14 August 2013). "Dutch connection paved way for Slagter’s move to Garmin". VeloNews (San Diego, California: Competitor Group, Inc.). Retrieved 26 September 2013.
- "Tom-Jelte Slagter at Cycling Archives". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Tom-Jelte Slagter at Cycling Base". Cycling Base. Retrieved 27 December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tom-Jelte Slagter.|
- Official website
- Tom-Jelte Slagter profile at Cycling Archives
- Cycling Base: Tom-Jelte Slagter
- Cycling Quotient: Tom-Jelte Slagter
- Garmin-Sharp: Tom-Jelte Slagter
|This biographical article related to Dutch cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|