||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011)|
Tom Ang is a photographer, author, traveller and academic. In 1979 he was a founding member of Wandsworth Photo Co-op which grew into Photofusion, London's largest independent photography resource  A specialist in travel and digital photography, he has photographed extensively in Central Asia. He won the Thomas Cook Travel Book Award for best Illustrated Travel Book for his coverage of the Marco Polo Expedition.
Ang was a senior lecturer in photographic practice at the University of Westminster for over 12 years (1991–2004), teaching on the undergraduate photography programmes, as well as on the Masters in Journalism Studies. He also created the MA Photographic Journalism course. For over 10 years he specialized in photographing Central Asia, extensively traveling in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan, with a few visits to Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. He led a Know How Fund project (within the REAP (Regional Academic Partnership) scheme)  that helped equip a radio studio for radio students and which reformed the journalism curriculum for the Kyrgyz Russian Slavonic University in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Ang is the author of 25 books on photography and video including Digital Photography Masterclass, Fundamentals of Photography,Tao of Photography, Digital Photographer’s Handbook (now in 5th edition), How to Photograph Absolutely Everything, The Complete Photographer. Other books includeAdvanced Digital Photography, Picture Editing, Eyewitness Companion: Photography, and Digital Video Handbook.
Ang is a founding member of the World Photographic Academy and helped set up the Student Focus element of the Sony World Photography Awards  He juried the Czech Press Photo in 2009, HIPA (Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum International Photography Award)  and Wildlife Photographer of the Year 
Ang was presenter of the BBC series "A Digital Picture of Britain", first transmitted in 2005 on BBC4. A second series, entitled "Britain in Pictures" was transmitted in 2007. He presented an 8-part TV series for Channel News Asia in Singapore which was broadcast in August 2009 (Bronze World Medal, Educational/Instructional, New York Television and Film Awards, 2010). He continues to write and photograph, and produces e-books and video tutorials.
- Sharma, Parul (10 May 2009). "Jamia team does the country proud". The Hindu. Retrieved 3 August 2011.
-  Photofusion site.
- "Tom Ang (Author)". Penguin Books Australia. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- "A Digital Picture of Britain – Judges". BBC. Retrieved January 1, 2012.
-  World Photographic Academy members.
-  CPP jury 2009
-  HIPA Beauty of Light judges
-  Wildlife Photographer of the Year jury members
- . List of Award Winners, New York Festivals Television & Film Awards, 2010.
- Tom Ang's site
- "Discuss and learn photography with professional photographers". iDigitalPhoto. Includes material by Ang.
- "How to take good photos: Tom Ang presents top tips on how to get the most out of your digital camera". BBC, 2007.
-  artmatc4U Tom Ang page.
|This article about a British photographer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|