Tom Cain (author)
|Born||1958 or 1959
|Pen name||Tom Cain|
|Education||Philosophy and History of Art|
|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Notable works||Samuel Carver series|
|Notable awards||Young Journalist of the Year|
David Thomas (born 1958 or 1959 in Moscow), better known by the pen name Tom Cain, is an English journalist and author of a series of thriller novels based around the fictional character Samuel Carver.
For the first few years of his life he lived in Moscow and has also lived in Washington DC and Havana, Cuba. Cain spent 25 years as a journalist, working for publications such as The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday. In 1989, he became the youngest ever editor of Punch magazine, a role he stayed in for three years.
Samuel Carver series
- 2007 The Accident Man
- 2008 The Survivor (US title: No Survivors)
- 2009 Assassin
- 2010 Dictator
- 2011 Carver
- 2012 Revenger
- Thomas, David (28 June 2011). "Politics: we need men, not boys!". High50. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- Thomas, David (10 April 2009). "The School that runs Britain: An old boy explains why Eton is suddenly cool". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "It wasn't just fondues and flares, you know...". The Daily Mail. 20 September 2010. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- Thomas, David (9 August 2007). "To Harrogate, with criminal intent". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Bibliography — Tom Cain — AuthorsPlace". Authors Place. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Tim Dowling talks to David Thomas". bbc.co.uk. BBC. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Thomas, David (24 November 1998). "Media: The dirty world of Mr Punch". The Independent (Independent Print Limited). Retrieved 24 November 2014.