Tom Chivers is a British poet, editor and live literature promoter.
Chivers is director of Penned in the Margins, an independent poetry publisher and arts producing company. He was Co-Director of London Word Festival (2007- 2011) and was Poet in Residence at The Bishopsgate Institute. In 2009, he won the Crashaw Prize for his debut collection, How To Build A City, which was also shortlisted for the London New Poets Award. The Terrors was shortlisted for the Michael Marks Award for Poetry Pamphlets. In 2011 he won an Eric Gregory Award from the Society of Authors.
- Generation Txt (ed.), Penned in the Margins (2006)
- The Terrors, Nine Arches Press (2009)
- How To Build A City, Salt Publishing (2009)
- City State: New London Poetry (ed.), Penned in the Margins (2009)
- Stress Fractures: Essays on Poetry (ed.), Penned in the Margins (2010)
- Chivers' blog: This is Yogic
- Penned in the Margins
- London Word Festival
- Hand + Star
- Salt Publishing profile of Chivers
- Interview with Londonist 7 September 2009
- Chivers' poems at Oxford Today, University of Oxford.