Felton at the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 in July 2011
|Born||Thomas Andrew Felton
22 September 1987
Epsom, Surrey, England, UK
Thomas Andrew "Tom" Felton (born 22 September 1987) is an English actor and singer. He is best known for playing the role of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter film series, the film adaptations of the best-selling Harry Potter novels by author J.K. Rowling, for which he auditioned at age twelve.
Felton started filming in commercials when he was eight years old and in films at the age of ten, appearing in The Borrowers and Anna and the King. After being cast as Draco Malfoy he has subsequently appeared in all eight Harry Potter films, from 2001 to 2011. Felton's portrayal of Draco Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 won him the MTV Movie Award for Best Villain in 2010 and 2011.
Early life 
Felton was born in Epsom, the son of Sharon and Peter Felton. He is the youngest of four brothers, and lives in Surrey with his dog Timber. Felton was educated at West Horsley's Cranmore School, until the age of thirteen. Felton is a talented singer and was part of a choir at the age of seven. He was a member of four school choirs and was given the chance to be part of the Guildford Cathedral Choir.
Early career 
Felton began acting in commercials for companies such as Commercial Union and Barclaycard. In 1995, he performed the voice of James in the television series Bugs and landed his first feature film role in 1997 when he played the part of Peagreen Clock in Peter Hewitt's film The Borrowers. Felton played witness Thomas Ingham opposite Clive Owen in Second Sight in 1999. Felton's role of Louis T. Leonowens in the film Anna and the King, starring Jodie Foster, was also filmed in 1999 in Malaysia. Felton made an appearance in the episode "Hide and Seek" of Second Sight 2 followed in 2000. The Guildford Cathedral Choir also offered him a position.
By autumn 2001, Felton had become known internationally for his portrayal of Draco Malfoy, the bully, enemy and foil of Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. He appeared in all of the Harry Potter films. Before landing the part of Malfoy, Felton had auditioned to play Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Of the four young actors who succeeded in getting the main roles, Felton had the most extensive film experience. Thereafter Felton's schedule began to fill with the work of filming the first four films, premieres, and contributing to articles and interviews. He also received the Disney Channel's Kids Awards for Best DVD Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on 22 September 2003. Felton started his Official Tom Felton Fan Club in 2004 and took part in autograph signing events. His fan club was reported to have attracted so many fans that Felton had to put a temporary stop to people signing up to his fan club. The autographing session in Germany drew people from Chile and one fan in Cologne summarised: "Tom is a real nice, professional young man, always happy, smiling, laughing, full of power — a real gentleman." When the fan asked Felton what kids should do if someone like his character is bullying them, he said: "Tell someone. You do not want to keep it to yourself."
After filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Felton made a guest appearance on Home Farm Twins in 2005, where he played Adam Baker in the short-lived series. He attended Collectormania on 30 April 2005 and London's world premiere for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. On 11 November 2005, he and Rupert Grint presented Liz Carnell with the Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain Award for all of her work to raise awareness of the dangers of bullying. Felton worked on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix throughout 2006. Now having read more of the Harry Potter books, Felton reflects: "I have had input into Draco. If they give me a line and I do not think it is something he would say, I suggest changing it. They do listen to you and you do feel a part of it."
In July 2007, Felton visited Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado in a pre-screening charitable event of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He was also present at Leicester Square for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on 3 July 2007.
Felton also appeared in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth film of the series. When asked whether he was looking forward to playing a good guy in the future he answered: "No. Well, I do not know. I suppose for now I'm happy with sticking to what he is. But after the Potter legacy is over I look forward to playing a good guy or someone different anyway, someone not so spiteful." Felton also played the character Simon in the 2009 horror/thriller movie The Disappeared.
Felton posted three music videos on YouTube under an account called "Feltbeats", in which he performs fragments of original songs. Nine songs have been re-recorded and are now available on iTunes: "Time Well Spent," "Time Is not Healing", "One of These Days", "Under Stars," "Right Place, Right Time," "In My Arms," "All I Need," and "I will Be There" join the instrumental "Silhouettes in Sunsets." He also recorded an album available on iTunes and Amazon.com named In Good Hands. It includes the six songs "If You Could Be Anywhere", "We Belong", "When Angels Come", "Convinced", "Father of Mine", and "If Thats Alright With You".
In 2010, Felton released his original song "Hawaii" exclusively on www.sixstringproductions.com/store.aspx – an independent record label run by Felton, David Proffitt and Philip Haydn-Slater promoting creative independence and ownership of artists’ material and musical talent.
In November 2010 the film White Other, which Tom played the main character, Ray Marsden, was released. Tom's character Ray is a troubled youth in the "ends" of England and Imelda Staunton, who played Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, also makes an appearance as one of the other main roles in the film.
Felton had a cameo role in Get Him to the Greek, released on 4 June 2010. In February 2010, he was cast in the thriller film The Apparition. Felton portrays the human character Dodge Landon in the 2011 science-fiction film Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
On 18 March 2011, Felton appeared in a comedy sketch on Red Nose Day 2011 alongside James Corden, Rupert Grint, George Michael, Justin Bieber, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Gordon Brown MP, Professor Robert Winston and Keira Knightley.
Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling gave a speech during the final, world premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 on 7 July 2011 in London, England. She announced that there are seven Harry Potter's film series cast members, who she refers to as "The Big Seven", and she named Felton as one of the seven members, alongside with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch and Bonnie Wright.
Personal life 
In 2003, Felton and his brother Chris worked with Joe Babbitt, the St. Lawrence County Angler's Association, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Region 6, the Chamber of Commerce, and a diverse group of other organisations to form the World Junior Carp Tournament, which involves competitive fishing for ages eleven to eighteen in a family-friendly environment.
Felton's favourite hobby was fishing and he once said that he planned to pursue some qualification in fishery management at Sparsholt College in Winchester, where his brother had gone years before. Felton now intends to pursue his acting career. Apart from fishing, Felton also enjoys other sports, such as cricket, basketball, football, roller skating, golf, horse riding and tennis. He said during an interview, "I am generally more and more in my comfort zone in the wild. The only time I can really relax is up a tree or somewhere outside. I love being outside." His ideal place for a holiday is the United States. More specifically, in an interview, he said he liked to go to the St. Lawrence River in New York. His favourite villain in films is the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, who was portrayed by fellow Harry Potter actor Alan Rickman. He said during an interview that his favourite characters in Harry Potter are Gilderoy Lockhart and Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father. Felton said that if he could play another character in the film, he would play Lucius Malfoy, or even Voldemort. When asked which house in Hogwarts he would like to be in, Felton said it would definitely be Slytherin.
- 2008 – Silhouettes in sunsets (single)
- 2008 – Time well spent (EP)
- 2008 – All I need (EP)
- 2009 – In good hands (EP)
- 2010 – If you could be anywhere (single)
- 2011 – Hawaii (EP)
See also 
- "Warner Bros. Official site". (Flash: click appropriate actor's image, click "Actor Bio"). harrypotter.warnerbros.co.uk. Retrieved 5 August 2007.
- "Wicked! Harry Potter's rival is not such a bad boy at home". Archived from the original on 30 July 2007. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Prepare for Potter magic! from The Mail on Sunday. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- "Video interview with Tom Felton". 2006 World Junior yum Championship. 12 August 2006. Retrieved 13 July 2007.
- "Tom Felton penciled in for 'Half-Blood Prince'". from Harry Potter Fan Zone. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Contributor, Guest. "www.fishing.co.uk". www.fishing.co.uk. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "'Harry Potter' Villain Helps Bring on the 'Rise of the Apes'". Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- The Wireless Wizarding Network-Profile of Tom Felton. Retrieved on 7 June 2012
- Azkaban Exclusives: Draco Malfoy from CBBC. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from Flixster. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from movies.msn.com. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from Veritaserum. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- "Meet Tom Felton, actor[dead link]" from Time For Kids. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- The Potter Kids: Day 3[dead link] from The Sun. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Update: Emma Watson and Tom Felton accept Disney Channel Kids Award for 'Chamber of Secrets' Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton fan club launch from CBBC Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- Tom Felton to start official fan club Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Felton fans in a fan club frenzy from CBBC. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- Reports on Tom Felton's recent fan-signing event Popular from HPANA Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton biography from MuggleNet. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton to appear at Collectormania in UK from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Meet your favourite cult TV stars for free at Britain's premiere comic fair from BBC News. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- GOF London World Premiere Report from MuggleNet. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- Grint & Felton present award for anti-bullying Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- The Pride of Britain Award: Special Award: LIZ CARNELL from the Daily Mirror. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- 'Potter' actors attend charitable event in Denver Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- Stars out for Potter première from BBC News. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- European Premiere of 'Harry Potter'[dead link] from Fox News Channel. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- "Tom Felton Going from Potter Franchise to Planet of the Apes". Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- Tom Felton Talks About Reading, Collecting, and Being Draco from Scholastic Corporation. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- The disappeared movie from The New York Times.
-  from SixString Website.
- "White Other official website". Whiteother.com. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- 12:23 AM (30 December 2010). "Tom Felton cameo with Jonah Hill". Snitchseeker.com. Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Harry Potter Star Tom Felton to Wave His Wand at The Apparition". Retrieved 19 January 2011.
- "Video: Tom Felton’s sketch for Comic Relief – Red Nose Day and Trendic Topic". Feltbeats.com. 20 May 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "J.K. Rowling's Emotional Speech at the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2".
- Rupert Grint (2011-08-31). "Harry Potter's Tom Felton & Rupert Grint: "Kissing Shots to Come!" – E! Online". De.eonline.com. Retrieved 2011-10-09.
- Tom Felton in NY for Carp Tournament Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Lawrence lands World Junior Carp Tournament from CNY Business Journal, archived at "findarticles.com." Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Tom Felton from Scholastic Corporation. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- Grant, Tracy (25 November 2010). "At the movies: 10 years on, actor Tom Felton has changed and so has his character Draco". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved 22 July 2011.
- "Harry Potter’s Tom Felton Joins Elizabeth Olsen And Glenn Close In ‘Therese Raquin’". Deadline.com. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tom Felton|
- Official website
- Six String Productions
- Tom Felton at the Internet Movie Database
- Tom Felton's channel on YouTube