||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
Tom Freund is a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from the U.S. Freund met Ben Harper when he was attending Pitzer College in Claremont, California. In 1992 the duo released an album, Pleasure and Pain. Not long after, he joined the alternative country group The Silos as their bassist, and moved to Austin, Texas. He has also contributed to albums by artists including Graham Parker, Mandy Moore, and Josh Kelley.
He released his debut solo album in 1998 on Red Ant Records. He has released albums on his own Surf Road Records since his 2000 EP, L.A. Fundamentalist Music. In 2007, he released an album of children's music with artists including Victoria Williams and Abra Moore, called Hug Trees.
- Pleasure and Pain (as Ben Harper and Tom Freund) (1992, Cardas)
- North American Long Weekend (1998, Red Ant)
- Sympatico (1999, Freund)
- Copper Moon (2004, Surf Road)
- Sweet Affection (2005, Surf Road)
- Hug Trees (as Tom Freund and His Friends) (2007, Tom Freund)
- Collapsible Plans (2008, Surf Road)
- L.A. Fundamentalist Music (2000, Surf Road)
- Xmas in Texas (2008, Surf Road)
- A Fair Forgery of Pink Floyd (2003, Stanley) (song: "Fearless")
|This article about a singer-songwriter from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|