|Full name||Thomas Joseph Hitchock|
|Date of birth||1 October 1992|
|Place of birth||Hemel Hempstead, England|
(on loan from Milton Keynes Dons)
|2011||→ Plymouth Argyle (loan)||8||(0)|
|2012–2014||Queens Park Rangers||1||(1)|
|2012||→ Bristol Rovers (loan)||17||(3)|
|2013–2014||→ Crewe Alexandra (loan)||6||(3)|
|2014||→ Rotherham United (loan)||7||(5)|
|2014–||Milton Keynes Dons||6||(0)|
|2014–||→ Fleetwood Town (loan)||1||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19:45, 1 November 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Hitchcock is the son of former Chelsea goalkeeper Kevin Hitchcock. While attending Kingshott School in Hitchin, he was a member of the Watford academy along with classmate Ben Nugent, combining his studies and appearances for the school's first XI with his Academy commitments. When his father was appointed as goalkeeping coach at Blackburn Rovers as part of Mark Hughes' coaching team in 2004, Hitchcock and his family moved north and Tom transferred to the Blackburn youth teams.
Hitchcock progressed through the youth system at Rovers academy after officially joining in 2007, after his original recommendation by his father, who was then goalkeeping coach at the club. He made his break into the Rovers reserve team in 2009, scoring his first goal that year. He progressed into a team which already contained the future England centre-back Phil Jones.
After establishing himself a regular in the reserve team, it was revealed in the July 2011–12 summer transfer window that newly relegated League Two team Plymouth Argyle were interested in taking Hitchcock on loan. Later that week it was revealed that Argyle would attempt to take Hitchcock on trial so he would be able to play in a pre-season friendly versus Bristol City. It was revealed that he had been taken on trial in time to be registered for the friendly. Hitchcock played and scored in this friendly game. Hitchcock signed for Argyle on an initial three-month loan period, expiring 31 October 2011, in an attempt to gain regular first team football.
Queens Park Rangers
On 17 August 2013, Hitchcock made his senior debut for Queens Park Rangers as a substitute for Bobby Zamora in the 83rd minute against Ipswich Town. He scored the only goal of the game in the 90th minute.
He then went on loan to Crewe Alexandra, making 6 appearances scoring 3 goals.
On 10 January 2014, Tom joined Rotherham United on a month-long loan. He scored his first goal for the club on his second appearance, opening the scoring in a 3–0 win against Shrewsbury Town. On 5 April, he scored his first professional career hat-trick in a 4–3 win against Gillingham.
Milton Keynes Dons
- "Reid keen to add Rovers striker Hitchcock to his squad". The Herald (Plymouth). 13 July 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Tom Hitchcock – Blackburn Rovers Profile". Blackburn Rovers F.C. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Plymouth confirm Hitchcock interest". Yahoo Sport. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Plymouth attempt to take Hitchcock on trial". Plymouth Argyle FC. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Plymouth take Hitchcock on trial". Plymouth Argyle FC. 15 July 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Hitchcock scores on friendly debut". Plymouth Argyle FC. 15 July 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2011.
- "Hitchcock Plymouth Profile". Plymouth Argyle F.C. 24 July 2011. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- "SHREWSBURY v ARGYLE – Tom Hitchcock makes debut". Plymouth Argyle FC. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Hitchcock leaves Blackburn – Number of League One clubs eyeing up a move for young striker". SkySports. 2 February 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Tom Hitchcock wins QPR deal after Blackburn exit; Tribal Football, 4 March 2012
- "QPR 1–0 Ipswich". BBC Sport. BBC. 17 August 2013. Retrieved 15 August 2013.
- "Millers land striker Hitchcock". Rotherham United FC. 10 January 2014.
- "Shrewsbury Town 0–3 Rotherham United" BBC Sport. 18 January 2014. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Gillingham 3–4 Rotherham United" BBC Sport. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "MK Dons: Tom Hitchcock joins on three-year deal after leaving QPR". BBC Sport. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Tom Hitchcock: Fleetwood sign MK Dons striker on loan" BBC Sport. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Fleetwood Town 1-0 Gillingham" BBC Sport. 1 November 2014. Retrieved 1 November 2014.