Tom Holland (politician)
|Member of the Kansas Senate
from the 3rd district
January 3, 2009
|Preceded by||Roger Pine|
July 23, 1961 |
Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.
|Alma mater||Indiana University, Bloomington
University of Minnesota, Twin
- Assessment and Taxation
- Joint Committee on Economic Development
- Financial Institutions and Insurance
- Joint Committee on Information Technology
- Interstate Cooperation
The top contributors to Holland's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
- Kansas Democratic Party, Tom and Barbara Holland (personal campaign contributions), Senate Democratic Committee of Kansas, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee of Kansas, Carpenters Local 1329 union
His largest donor group was political party committees.
2010 Governor's race
He announced on February 17, 2010 that he would seek the 2010 Democratic Nomination to be the next Kansas Governor. Holland was defeated by Sam Brownback in the general election.
Holland is the President of Holland Technologies and has run the business since 1994. Holland Technologies is an informational technology services provider.
He is married with 4 children.
- Senator Tom Holland official Kansas Legislature site
- Tom Holland/Kelly Kultala for Governor/Lt. Governor official campaign site
- Holland Technologies
|Party political offices|
|Democratic nominee for Governor of Kansas