|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (April 2015)|
Knott has a B.A. degree in psychology from George Mason University.
Reception by other journalists
Knott is cited as an authority by other journalists, such as on PBS and the LA Times, as well as by sports researchers. Knott's journalism notably attracts critical attention from other journalists. Some examples are below.
News sites such as Cleveland.com's sports blog have repeatedly attacked Knott; for example in 2009 'Starting Blocks' wrote "Washington Times columnist Tom Knott, who has a history of bashing LeBron James, got back at it in today's headline: 'Everyone's a witness to LeBron's whining.'" The article continues "But of course Knott didn't stop there."
Writing in the Huffington Post, journalist Etan Thomas rebuked Knott for attacking him as unpatriotic, and described him "because of his far right politics", as "absolutely blinded to reality", with reference to issues such as "public school system, the broken health care system, the government's lack of a response to Hurricane Katrina, an unjust war".
Martin Austermuhle, writing on DCist, comments that "We've always been amused by Tom Knott, the Washington Times Metro columnist who on a weekly basis directs his wrath at someone or something in the District and beyond." Discussing Knott's reaction to the Washington, D.C. smoking ban, Austermuhle writes that "Knott doesn't so much take on the ban as he does the people who supported it."
- "Tom Knott: Washington Times Columnist". Articles by Tom Knott. Washington Times. (245 articles were listed on December 1, 2011). Retrieved December 1, 2011. Check date values in:
- Pettavino, Paula J. and Geraldine Pye. "PBS: Sport in Cuba". Sport in Cuba: The Diamond in the Rough. PBS. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Florence, Mal (January 7, 2003). "The Inside Track: Morning Briefing". Add Two Parts Ego and Watch Sparks Fly. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Wenn, Stephen R. (2008). "LA84 Foundation" (PDF). Two Days Lausanne Stood Still The 108th Extraordinary IOC Session, March, 1999. LA84 Foundation. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Nyhan, Brendan (September 5, 2002). "The Washington Times and the NEA". The big NEA-Sept. 11 lie. Salon.com. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Tom Knott in articles on Cleveland.com
- 'Starting Blocks' (July 20, 2009). "Starting Blocks". Washington Times columnist bashes LeBron James. Cleveland.com. Retrieved December 3, 2011.
- Thomas, Etan (November 27, 2006). "Huff Post Politics". Work Ethic? Look At Your Columns, Tom Knott. Huffington Post. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- Steinberg, Dan (June 15, 2007). "D.C. Sports Bog". Tom Knott Crushes Gilbert. Washington Post. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "Gilbert Arenas". Is Agent Zero wimping out?. Washington Times. June 15, 2007. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- Austermuhle, Martin (January 16, 2006). "DCist on Tom Knott". Tom Knott Takes On the Smoking Ban. DCist. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- Knott, Tom (January 11, 2006). "Knott on D.C. Smoking Ban". Snuff out do-gooders before cigarettes, please. Washington Times. Retrieved December 1, 2011.