Tom Lynch (Australian footballer born 1990)
|Full name||Thomas Lynch|
|Date of birth||15 September 1990|
Sandringham Dragons (TAC Cup)
|Draft||#13, 2008 National Draft, St Kilda|
|Debut||Round 18, 2010, St Kilda
v. Essendon, at Etihad Stadium
|Height/Weight||191 cm (6 ft 3 in) / 87 kg (13 st 10 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of Round 4, 2015 season.
Tom Lynch (born 15 September 1990) is a professional Australian rules football player who plays for the Adelaide Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was recruited by St Kilda from Sandringham Dragons Under 18 TAC Cup team with pick #13 in the 2008 National Draft. Lynch was then traded to Adelaide following the 2011 season.
St Kilda (2009–2011)
Lynch did not play senior football in 2009, but instead spent his first season playing with St Kilda's VFL-affiliate team, Sandringham Zebras, in the Victorian Football League (VFL). He finally made his AFL debut in round 18 of the 2010 season against Essendon. He had five disposals and was dropped for the following week's match.
Lynch played five games in 2011 and kicked four goals, including two in a game against North Melbourne. At the end of the season, Lynch was traded from St Kilda to Adelaide as part of a three-way deal with Richmond, who received ruckman Ivan Maric from Adelaide whilst trading their second-round draft pick to St Kilda.
Lynch played six games in his first season at the Crows, including the first three of the season. He became a regular member of the team the next year, playing 17 matches and leading Adelaide's goalkicking with 33 goals. This included a 10-goal game against Greater Western Sydney, making Lynch only the third player to score ten or more goals in a game for Adelaide. In 2014, however, Lynch struggled with injury, playing eight games, only one of which (a 25-disposal, two-goal effort against the Western Bulldogs in round 6) was a full game. Lynch suffered a broken jaw in a collision with Melbourne's Jack Viney in round 7, and after a late-season return his season was ended by a fractured neck in a collision against the Brisbane Lions in round 20.
- Statistics are correct to end of Round 4, 2015 season.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Selection 13 Tom Lynch". Australian Football League Official website. 29 November 2008. Retrieved 3 November 2009.
- Blake, Martin (30 September 2009). "St Kilda looks to grow from within". The Age. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- Williams, Rebecca (30 July 2010). "Jimmy Bartel out as Cats spring surprises". Herald Sun. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- Australian Associated Press (5 August 2010). "Collingwood and Geelong strengthen teams ahead of clash". Fox Sports. Retrieved 12 January 2011.
- "Tom Lynch - AFC.com.au".
- "Maric moves in three-way deal". AFL.com.au. 14 October 2010. Retrieved 14 October 2011.
- "Dismal crowd sees Crows humiliate GWS Giants by 135 points". The Australian. 12 May 2013.
- "Tom Lynch statistics". AFL Tables. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- Tom Lynch's profile on the official website of the Adelaide Football Club
- Tom Lynch's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|