Tom Moody (politician)
|49th Mayor of Columbus|
January 1, 1972 – January 1, 1984
|Preceded by||Jack Sensenbrenner|
|Succeeded by||Buck Rinehart|
November 26, 1929|
|Died||October 30, 2008 (aged 78)
|Alma mater||Capital University Law School
Ohio State University
South High School
City Council Member
Counter Intelligence Corps
Tom Moody (November 26, 1929 – October 30, 2008) was the 49th mayor of Columbus, Ohio. A Republican, he served from 1972 to 1984. During his time in office, the Columbus Public School District was desegregated and the city's freeway system underwent significant expansion. The downtown skyline also grew during Moody's time in office. The city saw development of the Huntington Center, One Nationwide Plaza and the AEP Building. During his term, he was involved in a late night vehicle crash. Responding to suspicion that he was driving under the influence, Moody stated "I'm inspecting the city". Tom Moody died at the age of 78, on October 30, 2008 of natural causes, at Riverside Hospital.
- "Former Mayor Tom Moody Dies". WBNS-TV's on-line. October 30, 2008. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- Paull, Michael (June 19, 2007). "Police Center to Open in the University District". The Lantern (Columbus, Ohio). Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "1st of 2 parts: Moody Built Solid Record During 12 Years in City Hall". Columbus Citizen-Journal (Columbus, Ohio). December 28, 1983. p. 1A.
- "2nd of 2 Parts: After 12 Years In Office, Moody Is Still Moody". Columbus Citizen-Journal (Columbus, Ohio). December 29, 1983. p. 1A.
- "Dispatch Mail Poll: 57% of Voters Approve of Job Moody Is Doing". The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). October 12, 1983. p. 1A.
- "The Legacy of Tom Moody". Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). January 1, 1984. p. 8 SM.
- "Mayor Moody Enjoyed His 12 years of Stewardship - Tom Moody Looks Back". Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). January 1, 1984. p. 3F.
- "The Moody Era". Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). January 1, 1984. p. 2F.
- "Moody to Leave Scandal-Free Administration to Successor". Call and Post (Cleveland, Ohio). December 1, 1983. p. 1A.
- "Moody Won More Battles Than He Lost". Columbus Citizen-Journal (Columbus, Ohio). December 28, 1983. p. 5A.
- "The Moody Years As Others See Them". The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio). December 25, 1983. p. 4F.
- Tim Doulin; Barbara Carmen (October 31, 2008). "Mayor Led City Growth Period - Moody, a Former Judge, Was Seen as a Cerebral, Forward-Thinking Man". The Columbus Dispatch (The Dispatch Printing Company). p. 1B.
|Mayor of Columbus, Ohio
|This American politician–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a mayor in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|