||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (January 2009)|
|Born||Thomas Rulon Osmond
October 26, 1947
Ogden, Utah, USA
Thomas Rulon "Tom" Osmond (born October 26, 1947) is the second of the nine Osmond siblings.
Life and career
Tom and his older brother Virl were born deaf and did not perform with their siblings. They eventually learned how to play several instruments and in later years made occasional appearances with their brothers and sister, most notably the Christmas specials from the 70's and early 80's. Both brothers became the inspiration for the Children's Miracle Network.
Tom and Virl were also the first deaf missionaries set out from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Marriage and children
Tom and his first wife Lyn Heslop have 5 children:
- Benjamin Thomas (b. December 16, 1972)
- Anmaree (b. December 19, 1974)
- Matthew Thomas (b. August 29, 1976)
- Geoffrey Thomas (b. March 22, 1978)
- Jennifer Lyn (b. June 23, 1981 d. June 24, 1981)
Tom has five grandchildren with his first wife Lyn. Benjamin, the oldest son, is married to Annice Turcsanski and they have four children, Allie Rian, Nicholas J, Molly Lynn, and Emmie Lynn. Geoffrey, the youngest son, has two children, Paityn Joy Osmond, and Beck Malan Osmond, from a previous marriage. Jennifer Lyn is deceased. Tom and Lyn ended their marriage in 1989.
Tom and his second wife Carolyn Olsen also have 4 children:
- Mathew Edward Olsen (b. April 24, 1981) (adopted by Tom)
- Anna (b. March 1, 1983) (adopted by Tom)
- Thomas Christian (b. June 23, 1990)
- Amelia Marlene (b. December 19, 1991)
Carolyn's daughter Anna is married to Marcus Poole and has two sons, Connor and James Douglas.