November 10, 1968 |
Passaic, New Jersey, U.S.
|Occupation||Comedian, actor, producer, writer|
He is a graduate of Rider University.
Tom Papa's most recent stand-up "Freaked Out" aired on Epix and Netflix in July 2013. Tom has recorded three stand up specials for Comedy Central, the most recent of which is the one hour stand-up special, Tom Papa Live in New York City that was shot at the Union Square Theater and directed by Rob Zombie. The special appeared on Comedy Central on January 8, 2012. Tom has thirteen appearances on the The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. In 2005 he released his debut comedy album Calm, Cool, & Collected. He is a frequent guest on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and Late Show with David Letterman. His one man show Only Human opened to rave reviews at the Montreal Just for Laughs Comedy Festival.
Tom started his stand-up career in New York City in 1993 playing open mics and hosting at the Stand Up New York comedy club. Papa got his first big break when he was hand-picked by comedian Jerry Seinfeld to perform on his tour after meeting at the Comedy Cellar in New York.
Tom is the host of the popular hit Sirius/XM show Come to Papa that airs on channel 99. The weekly program has attracted some of the biggest names in comedy including Mel Brooks, Ray Romano, Dick Cavett, Carl Reiner and Jerry Seinfeld.
He played opposite Matt Damon in Steven Soderbergh's 2009 film The Informant! He also played the title character of El Superbeasto and starred opposite Paul Giamatti in the Rob Zombie animated feature The Haunted World of El Superbeasto. He played himself in Comedian, and lent his voice to the animated feature Bee Movie.
His other TV appearances include a recurring role on The New Adventures of Old Christine, VH1's I Love the '70s, I Love the '80s, and I Love the '90s series. He is currently one of three hosts, (including Michael Ian Black and Seth Herzog), on National Geographic Channel's US version of the British game show Duck Quacks Don't Echo.
- Analyze That (2002)
- Comedian (2002)
- The Life Coach (2005)
- Bee Movie (2007)
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009)
- The Informant! (2009)
- Comedy Central Presents (2001 and 2007)
- Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn (Unknown episodes, 2002)
- Come to Papa (4 episodes, 2004)
- The New Adventures of Old Christine (2 episodes, 2008)
- The Marriage Ref (2010)
- Behind the Candelabra (2013)
- Duck Quack's Don't Echo (2014)
- The Knick (US TV series) (2014-)
|This section requires expansion. (March 2012)|
- Calm, Cool, & Collected (BSeenMedia, 2005)
- Tom Papa - Live in New York City (Comedy Central Records, 2012)
- "Behind the Candelabra". HBO. 2013.
- "EPIX "Comedy Unbound" Summer Season Continues with Tom Papa". The New York Times. June 27, 2013.
- Tom Papa headlines for sister’s benefit, Pascack Valley Community Life, May 26, 2011. Accessed September 7, 2012.
- Rohan, Virginia (3 March 2010). "North Jersey native Tom Papa makes the call on married couples' spats in a new comedy show". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved 20 March 2012.