Tom Rogers (executive)
Thomas "Tom" Rogers is President and CEO of TiVo, Inc.. He has held this position since 2005 and is credited with continuing to steer TiVo to revolutionize the way consumers watch and access home entertainment. Rogers is a frequent guest on many business news channels including CNBC, Fox Business Network and Bloomberg TV offering his views on TiVo's business and the broader advanced television landscape. Notable appearances include CNBC's Mad Money with Jim Cramer  and Fox Business Network's Countdown to the Closing Bell. 
Before TiVo, Rogers was Chairman and CEO of PRIMEDIA Inc., which then was the leading targeted media company in the United States. PRIMEDIA published some 200 magazines, operated more than 400 websites, and owned a wide range of television and video businesses.
Previously, Rogers was President of NBC Cable (now NBC Universal Cable) and Executive Vice President of NBC, as well as NBC’s chief strategist.  Among his many accomplishments, Rogers founded CNBC, the nation’s leading business news channel and established the NBC/Microsoft cable channel and Internet joint venture, MSNBC. 
As the first president of NBC cable Rogers was involved in the establishment of National Geographic Channel, Court TV  (now truTV) and Independent Film Channel and served as co-chairman of the board of A&E Television Networks for 10 years. In addition, he oversaw American Movie Classics, Bravo (US TV channel), and several regional sports channels.
Prior to NBC, Rogers was Senior Counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives Telecommunications, Consumer Protection and Finance Subcommittee, where he was responsible for drafting a number of communications laws including the 1984 Cable Franchise Policy and Communications Act, and for overseeing the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Rogers began his career as an attorney with a Wall Street law firm.
Rogers recently served as the Senior Operating Executive for media and entertainment for Cerberus Capital Management, a large private equity firm, and as Chairman of the Board of Teleglobe (now VSNL International Canada), a leading international telecommunications, voice-over-internet, and mobile telephony provider.
Rogers was inducted into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame in October of 2013. 
- Pham, Alex (2 February 2009). "Once Dark Picture Improves for TiVo". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- Cramer, Jim (15 October 2013). "TiVo CEO: Hope to reinvent television". www.cnbc.com. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "TiVo CEO ‘Roamio’ is Apple TV, Google TV, Netflix All in One". www.foxbusiness.com. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- Kuczynski, Alex (27 September 1999). "Primedia Set To Name NBC Executive As Its Chief". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Pressing Forward;Primedia's Tom Rogers is shaping a new kind of media company". Advertising Age. 17 April 2000.
- "Primedia's Big Gamble: Going Online with Old Media". Businessweek. 10 August 2000.
- "TiVo CEO: on 'TiVo Stream'". CNBC TV. 22 May 2012.
- "Building NBC's Future". Broadcasting & Cable. 5 May 1997.
- "TiVo CEO: Our Birthright is Innovation". CNBC TV. 7 March 2013.
- "The End of TV as We Know it". Fortune (CNN). 23 December 1996. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "National Geographic joining Fox, NBC in television venture". Associated Press. 5 May 1999.
- "Will Views Be Shouting: I Want My Court TV?". Businessweek. 24 June 1991.
- Sandomir, Richard (1 April 1997). "NBC Buys Piece of Garden". The New York Times. Retrieved 25 May 2010.
- "Tom Rogers on Primedia's potential as an internet player". Media Life Magazine. October 1999.
- Winslow, George (26 April 2013). "Tom Rogers, President and CEO, TiVo Inc.". Broadcasting & Cable. Retrieved 28 October 2013.