Tom Sawyer Software
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (January 2013)|
|Headquarters||Berkeley, California, U.S.|
Tom Sawyer Software is a software company that provides products used to build data visualization and social network analysis applications. Organizations use these applications to understand relationships, trends, and patterns in complex data sets in order to recognize emerging opportunities and threats. Tom Sawyer Software products are used by organizations in telecommunications, financial services, energy, engineering design, defense and intelligence, healthcare and life sciences, networking, enterprise software, and manufacturing.
Tom Sawyer Software offers API library-based Software Development Kits (SDKs) and graphics-based design software (IDEs) to provide application development teams with a high degree of flexibility .
The API-based products include Tom Sawyer Visualization, Tom Sawyer Layout, and Tom Sawyer Analysis. These products are available on several software platforms and enable extended customization .
[Tom Sawyer Perspectives, a graphics-based product, exploits a project-based approach to facilitate design sharing and reuse, isolation from technology change, independence from software platforms , and decoupling from data sources for greater flexibility.
Tom Sawyer Software won the following awards:
- U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Grant Winner, "Graph Visualization Technology" Advanced Technology Program (ATP) grant (95-09) Component Based Software Technology Development, 1995.
- U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Grant Finalist, "Graph Analysis Technology" Advanced Technology Program (ATP) grant (00-09) Component Based Software Technology Development, 2000.
- 2011 Red Herring 100 North America Award, Finalist.
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Project Grant Winner, "Visual Interaction Methods for Clustered Graphs" (11-13), 2011.
- 2011 Red Herring 100 Global Award, Finalist.