Thomas Robert "Tom" Stevens is an American professor, attorney, politician and blogger. He is the founder and chairman of the Objectivist Party and was that party's nominee for President in the 2008 and 2012 United States Presidential elections. He is also the founder of the Personal Freedom Party of New York. Stevens also resigned his position as Pennsylvania state chairman of the Libertarian Party in April 2013, prior to the party removing him from that postion for gross misconduct.
Stevens was the first vice chairman of the political party Boston Tea Party. He resigned from that position in 2008, when it was discovered that Stevens was creating state affliates organizations that were empty shells to advance his personal agenda. In 2010, he announced the formation of the Personal Freedom Party of New York.
Stevens runs the blog site Liberty Lion. He is a graduate of New York University and Hofstra University School of Law.
- ^ Everson, Drew (February 11, 2009). "Column: Lack Of Information About Third Party Candidates Probably To Their Benefit". The Duke Chronicle. CBS News. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ Winger, Richard (August 23, 2008). "Objectivist Party Places Presidential Ticket on Florida Ballot". Ballot Access News. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ Hoover, Tim (September 9, 2008). "Many presidential hopefuls on ballot". The Denver Post. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ Winger, Richard (December 19, 2008). "Libertarian Spin-Offs in 2008 Presidential Election". Ballot Access News. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ "Thomas Robert Stevens, Objectivist Party Candidate for President, Files Statement of Candidacy with Federal Election Commission". ThirdPartyPolitics.us. June 27, 2011. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ a b "Dr. Tom Stevens - 2008 & 2012 Objectivist Party Candidate for President". Objectivist Party official site. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ a b "Dr. Tom Stevens announces plans to form Personal Freedom Party in New York". Independent Political Report. November 10, 2012. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
- ^ "Boston Tea Party Vice Chair Dr. Tom Stevens has resigned". Independent Political Report. July 7, 2008. Retrieved April 22, 2012.
External links