Urie began his career in the Scottish sketch show Chewin' the Fat portraying various roles within the show. In 2002, he starred as Captain Ortego in Snoddy which was a television show broadcast in 2002. He returned to sketch show fame in 2003 after he played various roles within The Karan Dunbar Show. Later in 2003, he appeared as Martin in the popular Scottish sitcom Still Game.
- Tom Urie (2011)
- Chewin' the Fat (1999) - Various roles
- Snoddy (2002) - Captain Ortego
- The Karen Dunbar Show (2003) - Various roles
- Still Game (2003) - Martin
- River City (2010–present) - Bob O' Hara
- Burke & Hare (2010 Film) - Heart attack man