Tom Utley, who was born on 29 November 1953, is a British journalist who writes for the Daily Mail. He had previously written for The Daily Telegraph, where he was described by The Independent as a "star columnist", but left in early 2006 after being offered a salary of £120,000 by the Daily Mail.
Utley is the son of the journalist T. E. Utley. He went to Westminster School and to Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University. A Roman Catholic, he is married to Lucinda and they have four boys. He is a smoker who has opposed various restrictions on smoking.
- Thynne, Jane (30 April 2006). "Is Paul Dacre the new Roman Abramovich?". The Independent. Retrieved 28 December 2008.
- Brook, Stephen (20 April 2006). "Mail poaches Telegraph columnist". MediaGuardian (Guardian News and Media). Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- "Axegrinder 23.02.2007: Taxi for Utley! Just don't put it on expenses". Daily Mail (Daily Mail). 20 January 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "Axegrinder 23.02.2007: Taxi for Utley! Just don't put it on expenses". Press Gazette (Progressive Media International). 2 March 2007. Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- Utley, Tom (11 April 2008). "Abortion and why, since my boy fiddled my Wikipedia entry, I've feared the sinister power of the internet". Mail Online (Associated Newspapers). Retrieved 28 December 2008.
- Utley, Tom (3 August 2007). "Why my smoking habit proves you can't believe a word the b******s tell you". Mail Online (Associated Newspapers). Retrieved 11 April 2008.
- Davenport-Hines, Richard (15 November 1998). "No longer outraged". The Independent. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- Hari, Johann (9 February 2004). "Why papers should be pink". The Independent. Retrieved 13 December 2010.
- Utley, Tom (22 December 2005). "Some of my best friends are gay... but they shouldn't wed". The Daily Telegraph. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 8 June 2012.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|