|Home Mountain||Park City Mountain Resort|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1987|
|Other Sponsors||Full Tilt Skiboots|
|The North Face|
|Discipline||Slopestyle, Big Air|
|Competitor for the United States|
|Men's Freestyle skiing|
|FIS Freestyle World Ski Championships|
|Winter Dew Tour|
|Winter X Games|
Tom Wallisch (born July 22, 1987 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania) is a professional freeskier. He began skiing in 1990 and competing in the sport in 2009. After graduating from high school, Wallisch moved to Salt Lake City for post-secondary education at the University of Utah where he is pursuing a degree in the school of business.
Tom Wallisch was discovered by entering a short edit in the Level 1 Superunknown video contest. The video was produced by 4BI9 Media.
A raw talent on skis, Wallisch is well regarded for his smooth yet complex spins and composed double - backflips displayed in Level 1's 'Sunny'.
He is only the third skier in history to win Powder's coveted Reader Poll and the second to take it back to back (2011, 2012). He joins only Shane McConkey and Seth Morrison in taking the honor. He is also a winner of Freeskier Magazine's Skier of the Year in 2010 and 2012, receiving 30,000 fan votes on Freeskier.com.
The 2012 season is considered to be Wallisch's break-out competition season. He got first place at the X Games, first place at the Killington Dew Tour, second at Euro X Games in France, and second at the Dew Tour stop at Snow Basin. Wallisch also won the title for the overall Dew Cup and was named the 2012 Men's Slopestyle World Champion.
After years of filming with Level 1 Productions, because of his Superunknown win, Wallisch will be doing a solo film project with cinematographer Kyle Decker for the 2012/2013 season.
Notable Competition Results
- 2nd, Winter w Games, Tignes, 2012 (slopestyle)
- 8th, Winter X Games, Aspen 2012 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Dew Tour stop #1, Killington, 2012 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Dew Tour stop #1, Breckenridge, 2011 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Winter X Games, Tignes, 2010 (slopestyle)
- 3rd, Dumont Cup, 2010 (slopestyle)
- 1st, on Call Of Duty Ghosts, 2013 (Vector Style)*
- 1st, Dew Tour stop #2, 2010 (slopestyle)
- 2nd, AFP Year End, 2010 (slopestyle)
- 2nd, Dew Tour stop #1, Breckenridge, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Winter Games NZ, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 2nd, New Zealand Open, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Dumont Cup, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 2nd, European Open, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Dew Tour stop #3, Northstar, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 1st, AFP Year End, 2009 (slopestyle)
- 1st, Ryan Lichtenberg Memorial 2006 (Rail Jam)
- Rated as ESPN´S Athlete of the year 2012
|This biographical article relating to American winter sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|