Tom and Jerry: Robin Hood and His Merry Mouse
|Tom and Jerry: Robin Hood and His Merry Mouse|
|Directed by||Spike Brandt
|Produced by||Spike Brandt
|Screenplay by||Earl Kress
Michael F. Ryan
|Story by||Earl Kress|
|Based on||Tom and Jerry by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera|
John Michael Higgins
|Music by||Michael Tavera|
|Editing by||Kyle Stafford|
Warner Bros. Animation
|Distributed by||Warner Home Video|
|Running time||58 minutes|
The story begins with Robin Hood being pursued by the Sheriff of Notthingham and Jerry being chased by Tom, the spy for the greedy Prince John. Although Tom is a spy for King Richard's evil brother, he does have a soft spot for Robin Hood's love interest, the lovely Maid Marian, as he plays a song for her. During the archery tournament, Robin Hood and his Merry Men are captured by the Sheriff of Nottingham and taken to the dungeon.
Meanwhile, Tom (who reforms) and Jerry team up to save Robin Hood and his Merry Men from execution as they swipe the key from the guards; however, their task goes awry as the mace lands on top of Tom's tail, causing him to yelp in pain and accidentally swallow the key, so Jerry reluctantly walks inside the cat's mouth, and then jumps straight down the esophagus and into the stomach in order to retrieve it and goes right back up into the mouth, walking right out with the key in tow. Tom and Jerry free Robin Hood and his Merry Men, who make their escape.
They also go to save King Richard from the evil Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John and they are successful in doing that. And in the end, King Richard returns to his kingdom, and Robin Hood and Maid Marian get married and Robin's merry men recognize Tom also as one of them.
- Jamie Bamber as Robin Hood
- Charles Shaughnessy as Sheriff of Nottingham
- John Michael Higgins as Prince John
- Grey DeLisle as Maid Marian
- John DiMaggio as Little John
- Joe Alaskey as Friar Tuck, Droopy
- Phil LaMarr as Spike
- Greg Ellis as Will Scarlet, Tin
- Jess Harnell as Pan
- Richard McGonagle as Barney Bear, Alley
- Clive Revill as King Richard, Referee
- Liu, Ed (August 9, 2012). "PR: “Tom & Jerry: Robin Hood and His Merry Mouse” Comes to Blu-ray and DVD on October 2, 2012". Toon Zone. Retrieved June 13, 2013.