Tomb of Jesus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Several places have been proposed as the tomb of Jesus, the place where Jesus was buried:
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jerusalem
- Garden Tomb, discovered in the 19th century outside of the old city of Jerusalem
- Roza Bal in Srinagar, India, a shrine venerated by locals and Ahmadiyya Muslims as the grave of a sage named Yuz Asaf, or "son of Joseph"
- Talpiot Tomb, rock-cut tomb in the East Talpiot neighborhood, five kilometers south of the Old City in East Jerusalem
- Tomb of Jesus in Shingō, Japan, where, according to legend, Jesus died, aged 106, after he escaped the crucifixion in Jerusalem