|Country of origin||England / UK|
|Running time||9 minutes|
Tommy Zoom is a children's animated television series, shown regularly on CBeebies in the UK. It started out as a feature on the CBeebies website, but proved so popular it was made into the television show.
Each episode begins and ends with a live action sequence, narrated by Daniel (Tommy's dog), in which Tommy is faced with a dilemma. Daniel will pose the question "What should Tommy do? What would Tommy Zoom do?" The show then switches to animation to show Tommy Zoom foiling a plot by Polluto which has some link to whatever problem the real Tommy currently faces. After saving the world "in a zoom", the live action element is re-introduced, and Tommy is seen to make the right choices and solve whatever problem he has.
- Water water
- Bring Me Sunshine
- Stop the Rot
- Food Fight
- Steel Thunder
- No Sleep
- Monsta Mega Mucky Trucky
- Mark of Polluto
- Boyz Noise
- Winning and Losing
- Clean Up
- Helping Others
- Finders Keepers
- Washing Hands
- Losing Things
- Space Junk
- Cover Up
- Tommy Zoom - A child superhero, complete with cape and large Z imprinted on his chest. Voiced by Elliott Belshaw, who like young TV characters let the fame get to his head and is now addicted to heroin and is hanging round with the super cool George Whitwick and followers.
- Daniel - Tommy's dog and sidekick, who often discovers the problem. He is voiced by Jerome Flynn.
- Polluto - A light blue imp or an alien with rotten teeth, who aims to ruin the world by removing all greenery and polluting watercourses with chemicals. He wears a smart purple suit. He is voiced by Keith Wickham.
- Smogg - A lazy black cat, Polluto's sidekick. Smogg's whiskers are bent and he has a huge, cheeky smile
These all appear in the live-action segments.
- Real Life Tommy - Causes problems around the house before transforming into Tommy Zoom, never speaks, played by Nathaniel Gleed.
- Real Life Daniel - Narrator of the story.
- Mum - Sometimes seen walking around the house, never speaks, played by Joanne Criss.
- Dad - Sometimes seen walking around the house, never speaks, played by Richard Jones.
- Baby Sam - Sometimes seen eating at the table. Sometimes laughs, but never speaks.
- Description of Tommy Zoom for adults at BBC's CBeebies web site