From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tongue in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Tongue most generally refers to the muscle on the floor of the mouth. By analogy or other figure of speech it can also refer to:
- Part of a shoe that covers the foot underneath the laces
- Part of a trailer tow hitch attachment
- Any large or long physical protrusion on a machine part that fits into a groove or gland on another part
- The striking implement suspended within a Bell (instrument), also known as a clapper.
- Protrusive landform caused by the flow of ice (in a glacier) or lava
- Language or speech, as in the phrase mother tongue
- Tongue (Knights Hospitaller), one of the seven, later eight regional subgroupings, or langues of the Knights of Saint John
- Tongue (foodstuff)
- "Speaking in tongues", formally known as glossolalia, is the vocalizing of speech-like syllables, often as part of religious practice.
- Tongue, Highland, a village on the north coast of Scotland
- Tongue, Mali
- Tongue of the Ocean, an oceanic trench in the Bahamas
- Tongue River (Montana), river in Montana, United States
- Tongue River (North Dakota), river in North Dakota, United States
- Tongue Wash, a wash in Nevada, United States
- Alan Tongue (b. 1980), rugby league player from Australia
- Carole Tongue, 20th century European Parliament politician
- Nicholas Tongue (b. 1973), swimmer from New Zealand
- Reggie Tongue (b. 1973), football player in the NFL, United States
- Thomas H. Tongue (1844-1903), Congressman from Oregon, United States
- Thomas Tongue (1912-1994), jurist from Oregon, United States
Media and entertainment
- Tongues (play), a 1978 play by Sam Shepard
- "Tongue" (song), a 1994 single by R.E.M.
- "Tongue", a song by Seether from Karma and Effect
- "Tongues", a song from the album Termination Bliss by Deathstars
- Tongues (Esham album), an album by Esham
- Tongues (Kieran Hebden and Steve Reid album), an album by Kieran Hebden and Steve Reid
- Tong (disambiguation)
- Tung (disambiguation)
- Tang (disambiguation)
- Tongue and groove
- Glossolalia ("speaking in tongues")
- Angelic tongues, Second Temple Judaism
- Gene Simmons' Tongue, a magazine that ran for five issues in 2002
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tongue.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.