1959 (age 55–56)
|Education||Alexander Mackie College of Advanced Education|
|Known for||Drawing, Printmaking, Etching, Lithography|
|Movement||arrived Australia 1968|
|Awards||2007 Grand Prize, Fremantle Print Award
2004 Toowoomba Biennale Acquisitive Art Award
2009 Geelong Acquisitive Print Prize, Geelong Art Gallery
Ameneiro was born in London in 1959 to Spanish parents and emigrated to Australia in 1968. He studied at the Alexander Mackie College of Advanced Education 1979-1981 (now University of New South Wales College of Fine Arts ). During his time at art school, he met Graeme Synold and together they formed the Post-punk group, Tablewaiters in 1980. With Ameneiro on synthesiser and Synold on lead vocals, they were soon joined by other band members. As a member of Tablewaiters, Ameneiro provided the cover artwork for their single, "Scattered Visions" (1984)
Known for his figurative work that often centres around references to art history, botany and landscape, Ameneiro works primarily in printmaking, etching, lithography, monotyping, painting, drawing.
Ameneiro was the winner of the 2007 Fremantle Print Award. He has been twice selected as commissioned print-artist for the Print Council of Australia. He has also been a three-time finalist in the Dobell Prize in 2003 2006 and 2012.
His work is represented in select major private and corporate collections, as well as public and university museum collections in all states of Australia including the National Gallery of Australia, Art Gallery of New South Wales, Queensland Art Gallery, State Library of Victoria and the Art Gallery of South Australia. Illustrated essays, articles and reviews on his work have been published in selected Australian newspapers and recognised art press including The Australian, Art Monthly Australia, Print Council of Australia's (PCA) quarterly journal IMPRINTPeriphery and Artlink Magazine.
He has been a regular artist in residence at the Art Vault Mildura, along with other artists such as Geoffrey Ricardo Mike Parr and Rick Amor. His studio has editioned prints for various Australian artists including the 2011 Archibald Prize winning artist Ben Quilty and the 2011 Dobell Prize winner Anne Judell. He is based in Mittagong, New South Wales, Australia.
- Official website Artist's website
- Images of Ameneiro's work held by the Art Gallery of New South Wales  Art Gallery of New South Wales online collection listing
- Images of Ameneiro's work held by the National Gallery of Australia  National Gallery of Australia online collection listing
- Images of Ameneiro's work held by the British Museum  British Museum online collection listing
- "Design and Art Australia Online (DAAO)".
- Walker, Clinton (1982). Inner City Sound. Glebe, NSW: Wild & Woolley. National Library of Australia. p. 143. ISBN 0909331480.
- "Tony Ameneiro website Scattered Visions cover design".
- "Scattered Visions 7" single".
- “ 50/50 Survey of Contemporary Printmaking” Jeremy Cody published by Print Zero Studios, Chicago USA 2010 ISBN 978-0-9844173-0-8
- A Place For Art, The University of Wollongong Art Collection Amanda Lawson published by the University of Wollongong, 2012 ISBN 9781741282047
- Pergament (Parchment) : Geschichte, Struktur, Restaurierung, Herstellung Peter Rück Publisher Sigmaringen Thorbecke 1991 ISBN 3-7995-4202-7
- Mono Uno Thomas A. Middlemost Charles Sturt University 2009 ISBN 978-1-86467-212-1
- "Dobell Prize AGNSW 2003 List of Finalists".
- "Dobell Prize AGNSW 2006 List of Finalists".
- "Dobell Prize AGNSW 2012 image finalist".
- “The Dobell Prize For Drawing 1993-2004” published by Art Gallery of NSW 2005 pg 54 ISBN 0-7347-6376-X
- “Contemporary Australian Drawing-20 Years of the Dobell Prize for Drawing” Helen Campbell, Hendrik Kolenberg, Anne Ryan published Art Gallery of NSW| ISBN 9781741740868
- "National Gallery of Australia collection search".
- "Art Gallery of New South Wales collection search".
- "Photo finish has winning style Fremantle Print Award, Ted Snell The Australian, September 28, 2007".
- "Fremantle Print Awards by Hannah Matthews Art Monthly Australia, Issue 204, 2007".
- "Head to Head by Jan Jones Art Monthly Australia, Issue 259, 2013".
- "feature IMPRINT (PCA) 2013 winter issue".
- Periphery "Jewel Case -The Work of Tony Ameneiro Glenn Barkley "Periphery-A Quarterly Regional Art and Craft Journal", Issue 36, Spring 1998 pg 15 & 16 ISSN 1034-0580".
- "Fremantle Print Award by Judith McGrath Artlink Vol 27 No 4 2007".
- "Art Vault National Artists".
- "John St Press".