|Date of birth||29 September 1989|
|Place of birth||Albury, New South Wales|
|Original team||Brocklesby-Burrumbuttock (Hume Football League)
Calder Cannons (TAC Cup)
|Draft||#58, 2007 National Draft, Adelaide|
|Height/Weight||185cm / 72kg|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2014 season.
Tony Armstrong (born 29 September 1989) is an Australian rules footballer who currently plays for the Collingwood Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). Originally from Burrumbuttock, New South Wales, he was initially interested in rugby league, but turned to Australian rules football, supporting the Sydney Swans. Armstrong was drafted by Adelaide in the 2007 AFL Draft at pick number 58.
Armstrong attended prestigious football school Assumption College, and also played games with TAC Cup sides NSW/ACT Rams and Calder Cannons. After being drafted, he played for SANFL club North Adelaide, and after some fine performances, was rewarded by Adelaide coach Neil Craig with many emergency spots in the lineup. He was named for his AFL debut in round 13, 2009, but was quarantined along with his housemate, teammate and fellow Assumption College graduate Richard Douglas due to a swine influenza scare, and so did not take his place on the field.
In September 2011 Armstrong walked out on the Adelaide Crows and requested a trade to the Sydney Swans, the club he supported as a child growing up in NSW. On 16 October 2011 Armstrong was granted his wish and was traded to the Swans in exchange for Lewis Johnston.
At the end of 2013 AFL season Armstrong was delisted by Sydney Swans and then joined Collingwood as a delisted free agent. He made his debut for Collingwood in round 19 of the 2014 AFL season.
- "NAB AFL Draft Camp: Running solo". AFL.com.au.
- "Crows must be like the tortoise". Adelaide Independent Weekly.
- Capel, Andrew (24 September 2011). "Strike three as Crows lose Armstrong". The Advertiser. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Swan Lewis Johnston, Crow Tony Armstrong swap clubs". Herald Sun. 15 October 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- Forsaith, Rob (22 April 2012). "Tony Armstrong to play his first game as a Sydney Swan". The Sunday Telegraph. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "Tony Armstrong clear to join Collingwood after being cut by Sydney Swans". Herald Sun. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 2 November 2013.
- Rielly, Stephen (7 November 2013). "Armstrong becomes a Magpie". Collingwoodfc.com.au. BigPond.
- Buckle, Greg (1 August 2014). "Armstrong to make debut for third AFL club".
- Guthrie, Ben (31 October 2014). "Pies cut Armstrong, but promise to re-draft him". Collingwoodfc.com.au. BigPond.
- "Rookie Draft: Tony Armstrong". Collingwoodfc.com.au. BigPond. 3 December 2014.
- Tony Armstrong's profile on the official website of the Collingwood Football Club
- Tony Armstrong's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|