He received an honours degree in psychology from the University of Hull, an M.A. in clinical psychology from the University of Surrey, and a Ph.D. from University College London under Uta Frith. His books include Asperger's Syndrome: A Guide for Parents and Professionals, which has been translated into 20 languages and provides information on diagnosis, problems of social relations, sensory issues, motor control and other typical issues which face people with Asperger's and their support networks.  His other books include The Complete Guide to Aspergers Syndrome, Exploring Feelings for Young Children with High-Functioning Autism or Aspergers Disorder, From Like to Love for Young People with Aspergers Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder): Learning How to Express and Enjoy Affection with Family and Friends.
Attwood is also featured in a number of videos on YouTube, in which he speaks on various aspects of Aspergers.
Attwood has a clinical practice at his diagnostic and treatment clinic for children and adults with Asperger’s Syndrome, in Brisbane, begun in 1992.
- Tony Attwood (1998-01-01). Asperger's syndrome. Jessica Kingsley Pub. ISBN 978-1-85302-577-8.
- Tony Attwood (2006-11-01). The complete guide to Asperger's syndrome. Jessica Kingsley Pub. ISBN 978-1-84310-495-7.
- Tony Attwood (2004-11-01). Exploring Feelings. Future Horizons Inc. ISBN 978-1-932565-21-8.
- Tony Attwood (2004-11-01). Exploring Feelings: Anxiety. Future Horizons Inc. ISBN 978-1-932565-22-5.
- Tony Attwood (2004-09-15). Asperger's Diagnostic Assessment. ISBN 978-1-932565-17-1.
- Attwood, Tony. "Exploring Feelings DVD Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to Manage Anxiety, Sadness, and Anger" ISBN 978-1-932565-61-4
- Tony Attwood (2013). From Like to Love for Young People with Aspergers Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder): Learning How to Express and Enjoy Affection with Family and Friends. Jessica Kingsley Pub. ISBN 978-0-857007-77-3.
Selected recent papers
- Sofronoff K, Attwood T, Hinton S, Levin I. "A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Cognitive Behavioural Intervention for Anger Management in Children Diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome." Autism Dev Disord. 2006 Nov 3. PMID 17082978
- Sofronoff K, Attwood T, Hinton S. "A randomised controlled trial of a CBT intervention for anxiety in children with Asperger syndrome. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2005 Nov;46(11):1152-60. PMID 16238662
- Attwood T. "Frameworks for behavioral interventions." Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2003 Jan;12(1):65-86. doi:10.1016/S1056-4993(02)00054-8 PMID 12512399 (A review article)
- Foreword and Afterword for Lucy Blackman's autobiographic account Lucy's Story: Autism and Other Adventures (2001)
- "Meet Tony Attwood" (PDF). Autism Asperger's Digest Magazine. Future Horizons, Inc. March–April 2007. pp. 30–31. Retrieved 17 October 2013.
- Tony Attwood's web site. Includes autobiographical information (requires Java).
- "About Asperger's" by Stephen Fay, Ellsworth (Maine) American, 29 July 2004, retrieved 23 December 2005.
- "Workshop for Partners of People with Asperger's Syndrome" by Tony Attwood, 2 May 2000, retrieved 12 January 2006.
|This autism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|