Tony Barber (bassist)
|Birth name||Anthony Barber|
20 April 1963 |
Edmonton, London, England
|Associated acts||Lack of Knowledge
The T4 Project
He was a member of post-punk band Lack of Knowledge between 1979 and 1985 and Boys Wonder between 1987 and 1988. He joined Buzzcocks in 1992. He also played on The T4 Project's 2008 album entitled Story-Based Concept Album.
Barber has also produced records for P.P. Arnold and the Soul Destroyers, Denim, and Idha as well as played live in such groups as The Alarm, Alternative TV, The Creation, Rich Kids, and U.K. Subs.
Barber is a supporter of animal welfare efforts. During a January 2009 radio interview on Pets In The City on Pet Life Radio, he spoke candidly about his life as a musician, the numerous punk rock musicians he played with over the years, and his production work with a number of new bands. Barber also talked about his involvement in animal rescue efforts.
- as Airport
- International Sham EP (1997), Edmonton Green
- Lift Off with Airport (2001), Poptones
- Gregory, Andy (2002) International Who's Who in Popular Music 2002, Europa, ISBN 1-85743-161-8, p. 27
- Thomas, Bryan "Airport Biography", Allmusic. Retrieved 1 January 2013
- Mason, Stewart "The T4 Project Biography", Allmusic. Retrieved 1 January 2013
- Thomas, Bryan "Lift Off with Airport Review", Allmusic. Retrieved 1 January 2013
- "City Pound! (A New Monthly Feature of Pets In the City)", petliferadio.com. Retrieved 1 January 2013
|This article about a British bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|