|Full name||Tony Bircumshaw|
|Date of birth||8 February 1945|
|Place of birth||Mansfield, England|
|Playing position||Full back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Bircumshaw was a product of the youth system at Notts County where his older brother Peter Bircumshaw was already a first team regular. Tony Bircumshaw made his Football League debut on 3 April 1961 for Notts County at Brentford and at 16 years and 54 days he set a record as the club's youngest player. The record remains in place to date, although he was outstripped for the all competitions record when Jermaine Pennant featured for the club in an FA Cup tie as a 15 year old.
- B.J. Hugman, Rothmans Football League Players Records The Complete A-Z 1946-1981, 1981, p. 74
- M. Golseworthy, Soccer Who's Who, London: Robert Hale, 1964, p. 24
- G. & J. Rollin, Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2008-2009, London: Headline, 2008, p. 295
- Notts County FC Club Records
- Profile on a Hartlepool site