No. -- Free Agent
|Date of birth:August 22, 1986|
|Place of birth: Kaneohe, Hawaii|
|High school: Walkersville (MD)|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 4 / Pick: 128|
|Debuted in 2009 for the Carolina Panthers|
|Roster status: Free Agent|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of 2012
Placido Anthony Fiammetta (born August 22, 1986) is an American football fullback who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round of the 2009 NFL Draft (128th overall). He played college football for Syracuse.
Early years 
Fiammetta was born in Kaneohe, Hawaii to parents Vince and Esther Fiammetta. He was raised in Walkersville, Maryland where he attended Walkersville High School. There, he played both football and lacrosse all four years, and wrestled for one year. As a senior, he played in just one game before breaking his leg. In that game he recorded 144 yards and three touchdowns on 19 carries. During his high school career, he recorded 499 yards and 12 touchdowns on 60 carries.
SuperPrep named Fiammetta the 25th-ranked prospect in the Mid-Atlantic. PrepStar named him a 2003 All-East Region player. He was recruited by and attended Syracuse.
College career 
Fiammetta sat out the 2004 season as a redshirt. In 2005, he played in ten games, mostly in a special teams role, but recorded no statistics. In 2006, he saw action in all 12 games and attempted eight carries for 15 yards. In 2007, he played in 11 games including 8 starts and made three carries for eight yards and 12 receptions for 75 yards.
In 2008, Fiammetta played in ten games and accumulated 66 yards on just five carries. He also recorded 16 receptions for 127 yards and one touchdown. In his final season game, he rushed 58 yards on one attempt against the Big East championship team, Cincinnati. Pro Football Weekly named Fiammetta the first-team All-American fullback. He was also invited to and participated in the 2009 Senior Bowl.
Professional career 
2009 NFL Draft 
The NFL Draft Countdown website predicted Fiammetta being selected in one of the middle rounds in the 2009 NFL Draft. They described him as an excellent blocker, but with limited ball-carrying experience. NFL Draft Scout rated had him as the number-one fullback out of 87 prospective draft picks. He had the most bench reps at the combine by a back with 30 and posted impressive overall numbers for his position.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||245 lb||4.58 s|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Carolina Panthers 
On September 3, 2011, after battling concussion issues, he was waived.
Dallas Cowboys 
Fiammetta was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Cowboys on September 4, 2011, but was waived on September 7. He re-signed with Dallas on September 13.
New England Patriots 
On March 26, 2012, Fiammetta signed with the New England Patriots. He was placed on the left squad list on August 5, 2012, but will continue his NFL career in 2013. On March 18th, 2013, Fiammetta was reactivated from the reserve/left squad list to the active roster. On April 29, 2013 the Patriots released Fiammetta.
- Tony Fiammetta, Rivals.com, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- Tony Fiammetta, Syracuse University, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- Tony Fiammetta Stats, ESPN, 2009, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- Pro Football Weekly's 2008 All-America team, December 22, 2008, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- All-American Fiammetta Earns Senior Bowl Invite, Syracuse University, January 6, 2009, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- 2009 Senior Bowl North Team Roster (DOC), Under Armour Senior Bowl, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- Player Scouting Report, NFL Draft Countdown, retrieved January 27, 2009.
- "Tony Fiammetta, Syracuse, FB, 2009 NFL Draft Player Profile". NFL Draft Scout. January 23, 2009. Retrieved January 27, 2009.
- Patriots sign FB Fiammetta
- Alper, Josh (August 5, 2012). "Patriots announce Tony Fiammetta left the team". profootballtalk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Yates, Field (March 18, 2013). "Pats reinstate fullback Fiammetta". ESPNBoston. Retrieved 2013-18-03.