Tony Hills (American football)
Hills during the 2011 NFL season.
|No. 67 Dallas Cowboys|
|Date of birth:||November 4, 1984|
|Place of birth:||Dallas, Texas|
|Height:||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|Weight:||304 lb (138 kg)|
|High school:||Alief (TX) Elsik|
|NFL draft:||2008 / Round: 4 / Pick: 130|
|Roster status:||Practice Squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Anthony Tremaine Hills (born November 4, 1984) is an American football offensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Texas.
Though born in Dallas, Hills grew up in Houston, where he was an All-State tight end at Alief Elsik High School. During Hills' senior year, his team reached the 5A state semifinals, but lost 30-21 to Converse Judson.
Hills attended the University of Texas, where he was forced to redshirt the 2003 season after reconstructive surgery on his left knee following a career-threatening injury (nerve damage). When he returned, he was moved from tight end to offensive tackle, and appeared in 31 games during his first three seasons (2004–2006). In 2005, he was part of the Longhorn team that won the National Championship. As a junior in 2006, Hills started at left tackle in all 13 games of the season. He started the Longhorns' first 11 games of 2007, but suffered a fractured left fibula that cost him the last two games.
2008 NFL Draft
Hills is considered to be part of a strong group of offensive tackles and was seen by most analysts as a third-round pick. He was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fourth round with the 130th pick.
On September 6, 2011, he signed with the Denver Broncos.
On October 6, 2012, he signed with the Indianapolis Colts.
On October 15, Hills was signed by the Dallas Cowboys.
- UT Bio from 2005
- Brown, Chip (200, 7-11-12). "Texas' Hills out for season". Dallas Morning News. Check date values in:
- Manfull, Megan (2008-02-21). "NFL COMBINE NOTES: UT's Finley wants ball in pros". Houston Chronicle.
- Brown, Chris (July 28, 2013). "Bills sign OL Antoine Caldwell, Tony Hills". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Brown, Chris (August 18, 2013). "Bills release four, WR Elliott to I-R". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Wilkening, Mike (August 20, 2013). "Raiders sign tackle Tony Hills". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 20, 2013.
- "Dolphins sign offensive tackles Steven Baker, Tony Hills". FoxSports.com. Retrieved 3 August 2014.