Tony Horton (personal trainer)
|Born||Anthony Sawyer Horton Jr.
July 2, 1958 
Westerly, Rhode Island
|Other names||Tony Sawyer Horton|
|Alma mater||University of Rhode Island|
|Home town||Trumbull, Connecticut|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
Tony Horton is a personal trainer, author and former actor best known as the creator and star of P90X.
Horton grew up in Trumbull, Connecticut as a self-described "98-pound weakling" with a speech impediment Horton became interested in fitness when he took a weightlifting class while attending the University of Rhode Island. He moved to California where he worked various jobs, including one as a gofer for 20th Century Fox.
Horton became a personal trainer to an executive at 20th Century Fox, working out of his garage and charging $20 per lesson. His clientele grew, eventually including Tom Petty, Billy Idol and Annie Lennox.
Horton starred in a number of exercise videos including Power 90. He later created a sequel, P90X—or Power 90 Extreme—which was his breakout hit. He has gone on to create variations of P90X, such as P90X2 and P90X3.
- Rebecca's Secret - Howard Martin (as Tony Sawyer Horton) - 1998
- P90X (Power 90 Extreme) - Himself (as Tony Sawyer Horton) - 2004
- The Gymnast - Chad - 2006
- P90X Plus - Himself - 2007
- P90X2 (Power 90 Extreme 2) - Himself - 2011
- P90X3 (Power 90 Extreme 3) - Himself - 2013
- Finding Thin - Himself - 2014
- P90 - Himself - 2014
- Bring it! : the revolutionary fitness plan for all levels that burns fat, builds muscle, and shreds inches. Rodale Books, 2011
- The big picture : 11 laws that will change your life. HarperWave, 2014
- "Q&A with P90X Creator and Fitness Guru Tony Horton". TIME.com.
- "P90X The All-Star Workout Video - ABC News2.mp4". YouTube. 12/4/2011. Check date values in:
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (January 2015)|