Tony Jordan (politician)
|Member of the New York State Assembly
from the 113th district
January 2009 – November 2013
|Preceded by||Roy McDonald|
|Born||J. Anthony Jordan
|Residence||Jackson, New York|
J. Anthony "Tony" Jordan (born 1964) is an American politician and former Republican member of the New York State Assembly, representing the 113th Assembly District from 2009-2013. He is currently the District Attorney of Washington County, New York.
Jordan received a bachelor's degree in business with a concentration in finance from the University of Notre Dame in 1986. He earned a law degree (magna cum laude) from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1995. He was a partner in the law firm of Jordan & Kelly LLC. Prior to being elected, he served part-time as Assistant District Attorney in Washington County.
In 2008, he was elected to replace Assemblyman Roy McDonald, who was running for the New York State Senate. Jordan won his November 2008 general election with 57 percent of the vote and ran uncontested in the November 2010 general election.
In April 2013, Jordan announced he would run for Washington County District Attorney. On November 5, 2013, Jordan ran on the Republican, Conservative, and Independent Party lines defeating incumbent District Attorney Kevin Kortright who ran on the Democratic line.
- "2009 New Assembly Members" (PDF). New York State Assembly. 2009.
- "Election Results 2008: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2008.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 4, 2008" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2008.
- "Election Results 2010: New York State Legislature". The New York Times. 2010.
- "Assembly Election Returns: November 2, 2010" (PDF). New York State Board of Elections. 2010.
|New York Assembly|
Roy J. McDonald
|New York State Assembly, 112th District
January 1, 2009 – December 31, 2012
James N. Tedisco
Teresa R. Sayward
|New York State Assembly, 113th District
January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2014
Kevin C. Kortright
|Washington County, New York District Attorney
January 1, 2014 – present