|Born||Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England|
|Associated acts||Tony Kofi and the Afro Jazz Family
The Jazz Warriors
Tony Kofi Quartet
Monk Liberation Band
World Saxophone Quartet
Tony Kofi is a British Jazz multi-instrumentalist, a player of the alto saxophone, baritone saxophone, soprano saxophone and flute. He currently leads his own Tony Kofi Quartet, Tony Kofi Trio, and is also the co-founder of the Monk Liberation Band—a group which plays the music of Thelonious Monk. His trio consists of himself, drummer Winston Clifford, and Hammond B3 organist Anders Olinder. John L. Walters wrote for The Guardian that "...Kofi's musicians make a fiery, multi-layered noise, but they know when to bring it down to a whisper, such is the ingenuity of their arrangements." Kofi is signed to the Specific Jazz label, which showcases much of Britain's up-and-coming new talent.
- Tony Kofi Quartet (2004). Plays Monk: All Is Now. Specific Jazz.
- Kofi, Tony (2006). Future Passed. Proper.
- Tony Kofi Quartet - The Silent Truth (2008, Specific Jazz)
- "Xintiandi and all that jazz". Shanghai Daily news. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Hewett, Ivan (5-11-2007). "Getting in the Monk habit". London: The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Walters, John L. (June 8, 2006). "Tony Kofi". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
- Gelly, Dave (August 22, 2004). "Tony Kofi Quartet Plays Monk". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2008-04-11.
|This article about a jazz musician from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a jazz saxophonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a flautist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|