Tony Maserati, born Tony Masciarotte, is an American record producer and audio engineer who has worked with many mainstream artists including Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Jason Mraz, James Brown, Mariah Carey, Notorious BIG, Black Eyed Peas, Destiny's Child, R. Kelly, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Puff Daddy, and Tupac Shakur. His work encompasses worldwide sales in excess of 100 million units. He won a Grammy Award for his work on Beyoncé Knowles' No. 1 single, "Crazy In Love", a Latin Grammy Award for Sérgio Mendes's Timeless (2006), and has seven additional Grammy nominations.
Maserati attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts for production and engineering. He relocated to New York City during the early days of the record making business in New York City, and was trained by the technical and engineering staff of legendary Sigma Sound Studios as well as the steady stream of R&B, Dance and Rock luminaries who booked the rooms there.
According to Sound on Sound, Maserati helped to define the sound of New York hip-hop and R&B through his mixes: a "huge low end and a smooth, velvety high", and an “outhouse on the bottom, penthouse on the top”, according to Mix magazine.
Maserati uses both analog and digital technology, and has worked with manufacturers to test, create, distribute and promote quality audio solutions for the market. In a partnership between Maserati and Waves Audio Ltd., digital plug-in versions of Maserati's favorite analog chains were created and released as the first in a line of Waves Signature Series plugins - The Tony Maserati Collection. Maserati has been a spokesperson for other brands including Avid, Chandler Limited, SoundToys, RetroInstruments, Crane Song, Softube and Universal Audio
In 2011, Maserati and Stefan Skarbek co-founded Mirrorball Entertainment, LLC. The company was incorporated in California 2012. Mirrorball Entertainment is a record label as well as a publishing and production company.
- Christina Aguilera: "Fighter"
- Anouk: "Hotel New York" Album
- Marc Anthony: "I Need To Know"
- Beyoncé: "Crazy in Love" “Best Thing I Never Had,” “1+1=2,” “I’d Rather Die Young”
- Black Eyed Peas: “Elephunk” Album (Mix), “My Style,” “Dum Diddly,” “Feel It,” “Ba Bump”
- James Brown: JB (Best of the Best)
- Mariah Carey: "Honey," "The Roof"
- Destiny's Child: "Survivor," "Bootylicious"
- Lady Gaga: “Hair,” “Fashion For His Love,” “Heavy Metal Lover,” “Marry The Night,” “The Queen”
- R. Kelly: "Like a Real Freak," "TP-2"
- Alicia Keys: “How It Feels To Fly,” "Fire We Make," "One Thing"
- Beyoncé Knowles: “Dangerously In Love” Album
- Talib Kweli: “Nature” (Mix)
- John Legend: “Once Again” Album
- Jennifer Lopez: "Play," "Ain't It Funny," "I'm Real"
- Ricky Martin and Christina Aguilera: "Nobody Wants To Be Lonely"
- Maxwell: "Fortunate"
- MNDR: "Feed Me Diamonds" (album)
- James Morrison: “One Last Chance”
- Jason Mraz: "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things," "Love is a Four Letter Word"
- Mýa: "Best of Me"
- Notorious B.I.G.: “One More Chance,” “Mo Money Mo Problems,” “The World Is Filled”
- Jay Park: "Abandoned", "Can't Live Without You", "Don't Let Go"
- Pink: "Just Give Me A Reason," "Here Comes The Weekend"
- Puff Daddy: "Been Around the World"
- Robbie Robertson: “How To Become Clairvoyant” Album
- Shiny Toy Guns: “If I Lost You,” “Live It Up,” “Carrie,” “Speaking Japanese,” “Wait”
- The Simpsons: The Yellow Album
- Jessica Simpson: "Sweet Kisses"
- Tupac Shakur: "Changes"
- Jordan Sparks: “No Air”
- Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars: “Safe and Sound” Remix – The Hunger Games Soundtrack
- Vitamin C: "I Know What Boys Like"
- Tony Maserati at mixonline.com
- Sound on Sound - Secrets of the Mix Engineers, Maserati
- Official site
- Full Credit List at All Music
- Tony Maserati's audio plugin collection by Waves
- Tony Maserati Interview
- Sound on Sound - Secrets of the Mix Engineers
- Waves Audio interview with Tony Maserati
- Slate Digital interview with Tony Maserati
- Sound on Sound review of Waves Maserati Plugins
- Tony Maserati mixing Life and Love