Warming up before a game in Denver in November, 2010.
|No. 81 Atlanta Falcons|
|Date of birth:||June 8, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Wheaton, Illinois|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||252 lb (114 kg)|
|High school:||Wheaton (IL) Warrenville South|
|NFL draft:||2010 / Round: 3 / Pick: 93|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
- 1 Early life
- 2 College career
- 3 Professional career
- 4 Personal life
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Moeaki graduated high school at Wheaton Warrenville South in 2005 and was high school football teammates with fellow Iowa Hawkeye Dace Richardson. In addition to football, he was also on the basketball team.
Moeaki played college football at the University of Iowa from 2005 to 2009.
Kansas City Chiefs
Moeaki was drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the 3rd round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He scored his first NFL touchdown in his first NFL game on Monday Night Football on September 13, 2010 on a 2-yard pass from quarterback Matt Cassel against the San Diego Chargers. Following the game against the San Francisco 49ers Moeaki received the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week award after he put up 44 receiving yards and a spectacular one-handed touchdown grab.
On September 1, 2011, Moeaki was placed on IR after suffering an injury during a preseason game against the Green Bay Packers, which kept him out of the 2011 NFL season. He was reunited with quarterback Ricky Stanzi in 2011 when the Kansas City Chiefs drafted him in the 5th round.
Moeaki shared the starting role with Kevin Boss until Boss went on the IR in Week 2, when he became the primary tight end. He ended up with 33 receptions for 453 yards and a touchdown.
After fracturing his shoulder in the preseason, Moeaki was waived with an injury designation on August 31, 2013. He cleared waivers and was added to the Chiefs' injured reserve list. On October 23, an injury settlement was reached and Moeaki became a free agent.
- Joel Thorman (1 October 2010). "Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki Takes Home NFL Rookie Of The Week". Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- Sessler, Marc. "Tony Moeaki waived/injured by Kansas City Chiefs". NFL.com. NFL.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Chiefs still feeling loss of Moeaki". ESPN.com.
- TE Tony Moeaki signed by Bills
- "Seahawks sign tight end Tony Moeaki, bring back Bryan Walters". SeattleTimes.com.
- "Former Chiefs tight end Tony Moeaki scores with new team, the Seahawks". KansasCity.com.
- Jay Adams. "Falcons Continue to Add to TE Position". atlantafalcons.com. Retrieved 2015-03-19.
- "Much more to Moeaki than crutches". TheGazette. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
- "Harvey Unga gets married". Daily Herald. July 17, 2010.
- "Keilani Unga works her way back for senior season after life-changing event". Deseret News. January 17, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tony Moeaki.|