|Tony William Negus
|Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police|
7 September 2009
|Preceded by||Mick Keelty|
Tony Negus holds a Masters Degree in Public Policy and Administration, and a Graduate Diploma in Executive Leadership. At Harvard University he has completed the Executive Leadership Programme. 
Tony Negus started his law enforcement career in traffic operations  in Canberra in 1982, and later as a detective in the Australian Capital Territory. He has worked in community policing, federal investigations, human resources, and protection.
He has worked in national operations in Brisbane, Sydney, and Canberra.
In July 2006 he was appointed National Manager of Human Resources, with responsibility for Learning and Development, Professional Standards, and People Strategies.
Prior to his appointment as Commissioner of the AFP he had been Deputy Commissioner Operations since October 2007, where he had responsibility for border operations, economic and special operations, forensics and data centres, high technology crime operations, internal liaison networks, and international deployments.
- "new AFP Commissioner Sworn in". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. 2009-09-07. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "Mick Keelty replacement Tony Negus sworn in". News Limited. 2009-09-07. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "AFPA WELCOMES APPOINTMENT OF AFP COMMISSIONER TONY NEGUS APM". Australian Federal Police Association. 2009-08-14. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "Australian Federal Police Commissioner sworn in". Office of the Prime Minister of Australia. 2009-09-07. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "Tony Negus APM". Australian Federal Police. 2009-08-14. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- "Swearing in of Tony Negus as Commissioner of Australian Federal Police". Office of the Prime Minister of Australia. 2009-09-07. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- Australian Police Medal, 13 June 2005
|Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police