In 1984–85, Randel (credited as Anthony Randel) produced the New World Pictures rework of the Japanese Return of Godzilla into the English film Godzilla 1985. Randel's breakthrough into directing came when Clive Barker entrusted Randel with Hellbound: Hellraiser II, the 1988 sequel to the 1987 horror film Hellraiser. Randel also directed the live-action film adaptation of the manga Fist of the North Star, in which he shied away from the norm of extreme violence, to the chagrin of critics.[who?] He also directed one of Fangoria's low-budget films, Children of the Night (1991), which one critic described as obviously low budget, but with striking scenes.
- "Director conjures up his Hades // `Hellraiser II' takes tortured vision of afterlife to frightening extreme". Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- Thomas, Kevin (14 September 1992). "Hellraiser III: Stylish, Grisly". Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- "Director conjures up his Hades // `Hellraiser II' takes tortured vision of afterlife to frightening extreme".
- "Fist of the North Star Review". Entertainment Weekly. 6 December 1996.
- "Children of the Night Review".
- "K6BBC". QRZ.com. Retrieved September 24, 2009.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|