Randel's breakthrough into the film scene was when Clive Barker entrusted Randel with Hellbound: Hellraiser II, the 1988 sequel to the 1987 horror film Hellraiser. Randel also directed the live-action film adaptation of the manga Fist of the North Star, in which he shied away from the norm of extreme violence, to the chagrin of critics.[who?] He also directed one of Fangoria's low-budget films, Children of the Night (1991), which one critic described as obviously low budget, but with striking scenes.
- "Director conjures up his Hades // `Hellraiser II' takes tortured vision of afterlife to frightening extreme". Retrieved September 8, 2009.
- Thomas, Kevin (14 September 1992). "Hellraiser III: Stylish, Grisly". Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- "Director conjures up his Hades // `Hellraiser II' takes tortured vision of afterlife to frightening extreme".
- "Fist of the North Star Review". Entertainment Weekly. 6 December 1996.
- "Children of the Night Review".
- "K6BBC". QRZ.com. Retrieved September 24, 2009.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|