Tony Ward (model)
Tony Ward, photo from a movie
|Born||Anthony Borden Ward
June 10, 1963
San Jose, California
|Spouse(s)||(1 January 2000 - present)|
Anthony Borden Ward aka Tony Ward was born in Santa Cruz, California on June 10, 1963 to Robert Borden Ward, from Kansas and Karen Elizabeth Castro of California. Ward is the second of three sons and spent his childhood mostly in San Jose before moving to Sonora where he graduated from high school. From there he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dream of being an actor/model/dancer. Tony was discovered by a scout while attending West Valley College in Saratoga, California and started modeling at age eighteen.
Ward began his modeling career in 1983 and achieved fame as an international supermodel, first for Calvin Klein underwear with images by Herb Ritts. Later he worked with photographers like Karl Lagerfeld, Steven Klein, Steven Meisel, Dimitris Theocharis and Terry Richardson and for fashion designers such as Roberto Cavalli, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Diesel, Fendi, H & M and Hugo Boss.
Ward is signed to DNA Model Management in New York City, Why Not Model Agency in Milan, Italy, Premier Model Management in London, Photogenics Model Management in Los Angeles, Unique Models Copenhagen, Denmark, Bananas Models in Paris.
In 1996, Ward had his first starring role in the movie Hustler White, directed by Bruce LaBruce and Rick Castro. Ward reunited with LaBruce playing a homeless junkie in the 2010 zombie thriller, L.A. Zombie.
Ward was Madonna's boyfriend in the beginning of the 1990s and he appeared in some of her music videos as well as the controversial SEX book in 1992. Tony is also a painter and photographer and lives in Los Angeles. He is a father of three.
- 1996 - Hustler White by Bruce LaBruce and Rick Castro—Lead role
- 1998 - Sex Life in L.A. by Jochen Hick
- 1999 - Out in Fifty by Bojesse Christopher and Scott Leet
- 2002 - All about the Benjamins by Kevin Bray
- 2007 - Story of Jen by François Rotger—Lead Role
- 2010 - L.A. Zombie
- 2010 - Out Getting Ribs
- 1987 ABC - "King Without a Crown" (directors Vaughan Arnell and Anthea Benton)
- 1988 Belinda Carlisle - "I Get Weak" (director Diane Keaton)
- 1989 Madonna - "Cherish" (director Herb Ritts)
- 1989 Taylor Dayne - "With Every Beat of My Heart" (director David Kellogg)
- 1990 Madonna - "Justify My Love" (director - Jean Baptiste Mondino)
- 1990 Tommy Page - "I'll Be Your Everything" (director Greg Masuak)
- 1992 Madonna - "Erotica" (director Fabien Baron)
- 1995 Rusty - "Misogyny" (director Bruce LaBruce)
- 1996 George Michael - "Fastlove" (directors Vaughan Arnell and Anthea Benton)
- 1996 Spice Girls - "Say You'll Be There" (director Vaughan Arnell)
- 1999 Esthero - "That Girl" (director Patrick Hoelck)
- 2000 Sinéad O'Connor - "Jealous" (director Mike Lipscombe)
- 2005 Lisa Marie Presley - "Idiot" (director Patrick Hoelck)
- Castro, Rick. "The Tony Ward Story". Rick Castro Official Website. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "I Was A Tony Ward Girl". Archives.citypaper.net. 1998-10-01. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Tony Ward for Style Council MR PORTER | MR PORTER". Mrporter.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Kissel, William (1990-12-14). "Los Angeles Times: Archives - FASHION The New Models Unconventional Looks Are in Vogue on the Runway and in Photo Layouts". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Alexander, Hilary (2004-01-23). "The man with the pearl earring - Telegraph". London: Fashion.telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- . 2002-07-21 http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=PI&s_site=philly&p_multi=PI&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0F4F3122EEFD7C0D&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM. Missing or empty
- "Newsday - The Long Island and New York City News Source". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1998-12-06. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Amy Verner (2009-03-13). "Beardo cover boys: hip and sexy or borderline creepy?". Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Hochswender, Woody (1990-10-21). "Critic's Notebook; Fashion in Paris: Irrelevant, but Who Cares? - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Madonna's many men". New York: NY Daily News. 2008-12-23. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Thomas, Kevin (1996-09-20). "Los Angeles Times: Archives - Movie Review; Upbeat 'Hustler' Walks on L.A.'s Wild Side". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- Holden, Stephen (1996-09-20). "Hustler White (1996): Stalking the Urban Wildlife In Night's Darkest Corners". The New York Times (The New York Times Company). Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "Sex Life In L.A.". The Skinny. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Sex-Life-in-L-A- - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "The Salt Lake Tribune - Archives". Nl.newsbank.com. 2002-05-17. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Story of Jen". Lefigaro.fr. 2007-10-29. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Australia bans LaBruce's grotesque gay sex film, ''L.A. Zombie'' - Last Word". Metroweekly.com. 2010-07-21. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "Archives - OrlandoSentinel.com". Pqasb.pqarchiver.com. 1988-04-17. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tony Ward.|