||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
March 25, 1981 |
Tony Yalda, sometimes credited as Anthony Yalda (born March 25, 1981) is an Assyrian actor.
Yalda was born to Assyrian parents in Beirut, Lebanon. His family fled Lebanon after facing persecution during the Lebanese Civil War. Like most Assyrian refugees, Yalda's family arrived in Athens, Greece, seeking asylum. Four years later, Tony and his family finally arrived in Chicago, Illinois. Tony studied theatre at DePaul University and at Roosevelt University's Theatre Conservatory. In 2004, Tony dropped out of school and arrived in Los Angeles to pursue a career in acting. Pretending to be a messenger service, dropping off pictures and resumes, Tony made the rounds of casting offices until finally in 2005, he landed a role in The Comeback starring Lisa Kudrow. He booked his next role in American Dreamz a month later, which landed him with the GVA Talent agency. Tony is currently signed with James Levy Management and Pantheon Talent Agency. You can also catch him performing with his band, The Hollabacks, throughout the city of Los Angeles.
- Fairies (2003) as MAX
- My Porn Star (2004) as Anthony
- A Moment of Grace (2004) as Nidhal
- Mush (2005) as Mush
- American Dreamz (2006) as Iqbal Riza
- Americanizing Shelley (2007) as Happy Singh
- Meet the Spartans (2008) as Sanjaya Malakar
- House Broken (2009) as Gilroy
- The Last Stop (2009) as Wedding Planner
- The Taqwacores (2010) as Muzzamil
- Cyrus (2010 thriller film) (2010/11) as Tom
- The Comeback as Raoul (2005) in the episode "Valerie Relaxes in Palm Springs"
- Girlfriends (2006) as Lem in two episodes "Party Over Here" and "The It Girl"
- Help Me Help You (2006) as Nadeem in the episode "The Sheriff"
- The Middleman (2008) as Underworld Desk Clerk in the episode "The Accidental Occidental Conception"
Para matar a un asesino aka To Kill a Killer (2004) as the Security Guard