Too Beautiful for You
|Trop belle pour toi|
|Directed by||Bertrand Blier|
|Written by||Bertrand Blier|
|Edited by||Claudine Merlin|
Too Beautiful for You (French: Trop belle pour toi) is a 1989 French comedy film-drama film written and directed by Bertrand Blier. It tells the story of Bernard (Gérard Depardieu), a well established BMW car dealer in the South of France, who's cheating on his beautiful wife (Carole Bouquet) with his ordinary-looking secretary (Josiane Balasko).
Barthélémy Bernard, owner of a BMW car dealership, is married to a beautiful woman, Florence, but he falls in love with a very plain-looking woman, Colette, who has been hired as an interim secretary to his store. This relationship will change his life, as much as Schubert's music.
- Gérard Depardieu as Bernard
- Josiane Balasko as Colette
- Carole Bouquet as Florence
- Rolland Blanche as Marcello
- François Cluzet as Pascal
- Didier Bénureau as Léonce
- Philippe Loffredo as Tanguy
- Sylvie Orcier as Marie-Catherine
- Myriam Boyer as Geneviève
- Flavien Lebarbé as The son
- Juana Marques as The daughter
- Denise Chalem as Lorène
- Jean-Louis Cordina as Gaby
- Stéphane Auberghen as Paula
- Philippe Faure as Colette's husband
- Jean-Paul Farré as The pianist
The film had 2,031,131 admissions in France.
- 1989 Prix spécial du jury at the Cannes Film Festival
- 1990 received five César Awards :
- "Trop belle pour toi (1989)". JP Box Office. Retrieved 1989-05-12. Check date values in:
- "Festival de Cannes: Too Beautiful for You". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
|This article related to a French film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1980s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|