Too Beautiful for You
|Trop belle pour toi|
|Directed by||Bertrand Blier|
|Written by||Bertrand Blier|
|Edited by||Claudine Merlin|
Too Beautiful for You (French: Trop belle pour toi) is a 1989 French comedy film-drama film written and directed by Bertrand Blier. It tells the story of Bernard (Gérard Depardieu), a well established BMW car dealer in the South of France, is cheating on his beautiful wife (Carole Bouquet) with his ordinary looking temporary secretary (Josiane Balasko). The film had 2,031,131 admissions in France.
Barthélémy Bernard, owner of a BMW garage, is married to a beautiful woman, Florence. But he falls in love with a woman in very ordinary physics, Colette, who has been engaged in the garage as interim secretary. This relationship will change his life, Schubert's music.
- Gérard Depardieu as Bernard
- Josiane Balasko as Colette
- Carole Bouquet as Florence
- Rolland Blanche as Marcello
- François Cluzet as Pascal
- Didier Bénureau as Léonce
- Philippe Loffredo as Tanguy
- Sylvie Orcier as Marie-Catherine
- Myriam Boyer as Geneviève
- Flavien Lebarbé as The son
- Juana Marques as The daughter
- Denise Chalem as Lorène
- Jean-Louis Cordina as Gaby
- Stéphane Auberghen as Paula
- Philippe Faure as Colette's husband
- Jean-Paul Farré as The pianist
- 1989 Prix spécial du jury at the Cannes Film Festival
- 1990 received five César Awards :
- "Trop belle pour toi (1989)". JP Box Office. Retrieved 1989-05-12.
- "Festival de Cannes: Too Beautiful for You". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-08-01.
|This article related to a French film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1980s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|