|Birth name||Touraj Keshtkar|
|Also known as||Tooji|
|Born||May 26, 1987|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Model, Television host, social worker|
Touraj Keshtkar (Persian: تورج کشتکار) (born May 26, 1987), known as Tooji, is a Norwegian-Iranian singer, model and television host. Tooji represented Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan and finished 26th in the final.
Tooji is a supporter of LGBT and women's rights, as well as a supporter of Green Wave, Iran's democratic reform movement. Tooji wore a Free Iran green bracelet during his performance in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 held in Baku, Azerbaijan. In November 2013, he released a statement via social media criticising those who speculated about his sexuality. He refused to confirm whether he was gay or straight saying "I will not give you the pleasure of categorizing me, or labeling me" and "let people be people, not labels".
Tooji was born in Shiraz, Iran, moved to Norway when he was one year old. At the age of 16 he started modeling. After the model work, he started working on MTV Norway where he presented "Super Saturday" and "Tooji's Top 10". He was also educated as a social worker and has worked in asylum reception centres. Now he works as a child protection consultant in the department of after-care. His first single was called "Swan Song" and it was released in 2008.
He won Melodi Grand Prix 2012 and was given the opportunity to represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan with his entry "Stay". Tooji finished last (26th) with 7 Points.
On March 10, 2012, he presented the international jury votes on behalf of Norway at the finals of Melodifestivalen 2012, the Swedish preselection. On May 18, 2013, he presented the Norwegian votes for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 held in Malmö, Sweden.
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions||Album|
- 2008: "Swan Song"
- 2012: "If It Wasn't For You"
- 2013: "Rebels"
- 2014: "Packin' Guns"
- 2014: "Cocktail" http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/09/20/review-tooji-new-cocktail/61082/
|2014||Ra.One||Shekhar/G.One, singing voice||Norwegian voice-dub|
- "Touraj Keshtkar - Skatten 2010 - Skattelister.no - VG Nett". Skattelister.no. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "Tooji vant MGP: - Jeg vant! - VG Nett om Melodi Grand Prix". Vg.no. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "Azerbaijan and Iran locked in a spat over rumours of a gay parade".
- "Tooji Addresses Rumours About His Sexuality With Cryptic Message". Wiwi Bloggs. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Tooji – Artist og menneskevenn". Ambisjoner.no. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "TV-kjendiser raser etter at sjef lurte muslimsk ansatt - VG Nett om Tro og livssyn". Vg.no. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- AV: arve henriksen. "Tooji knuste forhåndsfavorittene - Aftenposten". Aftenposten.no. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
- "– Han er fryktløs og skamløs" (in Norwegian Bokmål). siste.no. 2012-02-13. Retrieved 2012-08-09.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Haba Haba"
|Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "I Feed You My Love"