Tooth and Claw (novel)
Tor Books hardcover
|2003-11-01 (1st edition)|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Pages||256 (hardcover, 1st edition)|
|ISBN||ISBN 0-7653-0264-0 (hardcover, 1st edition)|
|LC Class||PR6073.A448 T66 2003|
The book's plot is similar to that of a Victorian romance, with the obvious difference that the protagonists are not human beings but dragons. It has been compared to Anthony Trollope's novel Framley Parsonage. The novel begins with the death of the patriarch of a family of dragons. The novel follows the lives of his children, along with other characters.
Awards and nominations
- 2004 World Fantasy Award, Best Novel
- 2003, USA, Tor Books ISBN 0-7653-0264-0, Pub date 1 November 2003, Hardback
- 2004, USA, Tor Fantasy ISBN 0-7653-4909-4, Pub date 30 November 2004, Mass Market Paperback
- 2009, USA, Orb ISBN 978-0-7653-1951-7, ISBN 0-7653-1951-9, Pub date January 2009, Trade Paperback
- "2004 World Fantasy Award Winners and Nominees". World Fantasy Convention official website. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Smith, Sherwood. "Tooth and Claw - A Review". SFsite. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Soyka, David (2004-06-21). "Dragon Manners". Strange Horizons. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Cassada, Jackie (2004-10-15). "Walton, Jo. Tooth and Claw.(Book Review)". Library Journal. Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- Murray, Frieda (2003-11-15). "Walton, Jo. Tooth and Claw.". Booklist (American Library Association). Retrieved 2008-01-01.
- The Tooth and Claw Role Playing Game, an authorized RPG based on the book. Also links to the unfinished sequel, Those Who Favor Fire.
|This article about a 2000s fantasy novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|